seventeen

chapter seventeen: a landline? what is this 1996?

episode ten: revelations

CHLOE WAS LOOKING THROUGH THE wine cellar at Brooke house, trying to find a bottle she doesn't think Mr

CHLOE WAS LOOKING THROUGH THE wine cellar at Brooke house, trying to find a bottle she doesn't think Mr. Maddox will miss that much. While she looks though the racks of booze, a hand come down on her shoulder making her jump.

She was about to swing, but relaxed with she realized it was just Jake. "Jake! God, you scared the shit out of me." She crosses her arms over her chest. "Shouldn't you be outside macking on your low-rent Olsen sister?"

"Look, I don't wanna fight." He says in a monotone voice. "I get jealous and I say stupid things. So I am sorry for what I said about you and your family."

"Okay." Chloe never thought she would see the day of Jake being the bigger person and say sorry first. It influenced her to apologize as well. "Well, then I'm sorry I accused you of spying on me."

Jake clenches his teeth. "Full disclosure, I kinda was."

Chloe shoves him back. "Are you kidding me? I knew it!"

"I was looking out for you." Jake tries to defend himself.

"You mean looking out for my boobs?" Chloe mocks.

"No." Jake explains. "The spyware was deleted and then somebody put it back up. I was just trying to figure out who."

"Okay, then, why not just tell me that." Chloe looks at him, waiting for an answer but gets nothing. "Jake?"

"Because I'm a jackass, and maybe I wanted to see your boobs." He admits.

"I'm sure you've seen plenty." Chloe sneered at him. "Get out!"

"Is that really want you want?" Jake asks sadly.

"Yes." She lies. "Get out! Now!" 

Jake listens to her and leaves, wishing he could go back in time and change everything he did that hurt her.