twelve

chapter twelve: i like you when you are being real and honest

episode seven: in the trenches

AFTER FINALLY FINDING AN ENTRANCE into the building, Chloe slowly steps aside and looks around the dark creepy area

AFTER FINALLY FINDING AN ENTRANCE into the building, Chloe slowly steps aside and looks around the dark creepy area. Suddenly feeling way more scared than before, she turns around looking for Jake, seeing he's not beside her. "Jake? Come on!"

"You can't rush the Jake." He whispers as he catches up to her. Chloe hits him in the stomach and keeps walking.

"Your fists are like little ball-peen hammers." Jake groans.

Chloe slowly walks forward and end up bumping into someone. Panicking, then relaxing when she sees it was just Brooke and Carla. "Thanks for waiting up." Brooke says to her.

They continue walking as a group, rejoining Emma and Noah who were slightly ahead. Carla wrinkles and covers her nose. "It smells like wet dog and car wax."

Brooke laughs. "Yummy."

A loud thud is heard and Chloe jumps back into Jake's arms. Everyone turns to look where the noise came from and sees a bowling ball running down the lane.

"Whoa! Whoa. Well, that was terrifying." Noah says.

Chloe coughs, removes herself from Jake's arms and straightens herself out. "Ew, I hate bowling."

"Okay." Emma starts thinking aloud. "I understood why he took me to the hospital, but why would he bring Will here?"

Jake looks around the bowling alley before speaking. "Yeah, this place is big. We should split up finding Will."

Noah narrows his eyes and turns back to look at Jake. "Said no one who survived a horror movie, ever."

"Noah, you come with me." Emma says. "Everyone spread out, but stay safe and together."

"This is dumb, but fine, don't listen. No one ever listens to me." Noah mumbles to himself as everyone splits back up again.

∘∘∘