sixteen

chapter sixteen: tonight we change the ending

episode ten: revelations

"WHERE THE HELL ARE MY actual friends?" Brooke says to herself as she looks around her party, not seeing any familiar faces

Chloe was still out getting more drinks and hasn't replied to any calls or texts. She leans on the wall behind her, sending multiple texts to Emma as well, wondering why she wasn't replying. "She's not answering. Why isn't she answering her texts?" She wondering aloud.

She places her phone in her back pocket, desperately scanning the crowd for at least one person she knew, and her eyes land on Audrey. Brooke wastes no time walking over to her. "So... Audrey?"

Audrey never takes her eyes off Brooke as she sits down in the chair in front or her. "Hey."

"Did not expect to see you here." Brooke admits.

"That makes two of us." Audrey takes a swig of her beer. She looks at Brooke, seeing how upset she looks and deciding she should ask what's up. "Can I ask what's got you so down?"

Brooke puts her drink down at the table, so that she could give Audrey her full undivided attention. "I need ask you something. Really serious."

"Shoot."

Brooke rubs the back of her neck, suddenly feeling all sweaty and hot. "When you met Rachel, was it strictly friendship at first or was it sort of like, relationship right away?"

Audrey look at Brooke funny. "Uh, well. It was just a friendship at first, then I slowly started to realize it was something more. I found myself getting excited when she answered my texts and feeling unbelievably happy anytime she was near me, and all I wanted to do was kiss her."

"Shit." Brooke takes a huge gulp of her beer.

"I need to ask you something now. Really serious." Audrey repeats Brooke's words from earlier. "Why are you asking me this?"

"I think I may really like this girl, and at the moment she won't even give me the time of day." Brooke looks down sadly. "I mean, she kisses me first and now she's the one who refuses to talk about it, or even talk to me at all."