What in Carnation?

gumball's point of view

Once my ankle was wrapped the nurse finally came back from her inconveniently timed smoke break to check up on me. She told me that i would have to take a weeks rest and  that i should not be doing any strenuous activity for it.  I had a functioning ankle brace at home that i could use to assist pedestrian movement so i wasn't worried. The ace bandage would have to so for now. When school was done. the nurse release me and i walked over to anthony's house.

My ankle was throbbing with raw pulse that hurt more than i hat expected. Sure, i was breaking the nurses orders of not putting a lot of strain on it, but it couldn't be helped. I needed to see anthony as soon as possible. I don't want him to be hurt because of  me and my issues that i seem to be having this year.

After fiddling with the hem of my shirt i knocked on his door. his lovely brick house was nice with green lawn and a beautiful metal work fence. it was very homely.

after a couple of minutes anthony opened the door his eyes were slightly red from what i could only assume was from crying. his shirt was slightly rumpled and he had a glare in his eye that looked like he didn't want anything to do with me at the moment. I wouldn't either.

"Anthony! I am so sorry-"

"What do you want? To tear up my heart again?" his eyes glowed with anger.

"No," how could he say something like that. like i had malicious intent and purposefully wanted him to get hurt. "I never wanted to hurt you and never will i just wanted to talk is all."

"Fine. You can come in. I'll make tea."

Anthony preferred loose leaf, so he had to let it brew awhile. he joined me at the kitchen silence and while the teas settled in the hot water we sat in silence

"Anthony we still do need to talk."

"Why it was your fault."

"But i think that you over reacted-"

"-sorry! it just that i thought that you never wanted to talk to marshall! And i thought that we were in a relationship and that you were going to give, give US, a try. Then i saw the pictures-"

"-What pictures Anthony?"

"The ones people keep posting on the MBSOC app of you two together." He rolled his eyes. "You're telling me that you have no idea of them at all."  he pulled out his phone and unlocked it with a couple swipes of his thumb. he then angrily slide the phone across the table and crossed his arms defensively on his chest.

"You look at those gumball," he said bitterly, "and tell me that you still don't have feeling for marshall."

i scrolled through the pictures. one of them was from the gym earlier today. We were sitting thigh to thigh with marshall leaning in the with that gorgeous endearing smile on his face and my face was ridiculously red. the caption said "anthony should keep better track of his boyfriend before he is scooped up. #gumball #marshall lee #cutestcouple