Red Ribbon

Gumball's point of view.

Things went very sullum after he left. I become very num, strict, no fun and no play gumball. I remember fiona arriving at the house after I told her.

"Gumball is everything okay?-"

"Fiona I'm fine now. You didn't have to come. It's getting late...you know we have school tomorrow-"

"Gumball your face," she reaches her small hand to rest on my swollen cheek, "did Marshall do this? Why on earth-has he hit you before gumball?"

My eyes widened a bit at the words," that's why I don't care anymore ,Fi...We have only been dating for two weeks and he has already hit me in the face twice. He doesn't want me anymore and I don't want him. I didn't know he was so broken as a person...I know that if I stayed any longer with him it would have become abusive-"

"-but you still love him don't you-"

"-Fiona!" I shouted interrupting her and preventing her from saying more, she stared at me with wide blue eyes. It must be because I shouted I don't do that much to her."that doesn't matter anymore because Marshall has moved on as he always has and has been able to do!-"

"-But-"

"- I am sorry Fiona but I don't want to talk about this anymore. It's late and I am tired. Please understand." I drifted my eyes downward, I couldn't look her in the eye anymore.

I didn't even cry after that. Not even once. Why should I? It was a short relationship anyway. Why was I even playing myself that I could keep up with Marshall and make the relationship last? It was obviously too much for me, to much drama, too much hurt, and too much effort.

So I went under the radar for the next three weeks after. The school thrived on the drama for the first to weeks. it was during that time, to hid myself from the unwanted glares,comments, and questions that I ate lunch alone in the library in a corner where no one could see me. the third week I went back to the music club, no one really minded, save a few of Marshall die hard followers but during club time I solely stayed focused on my music. And if I even ever asked a question, I would ask DJ Candy. It was during the third week that news of Marshall and my breakup was replaced by the return of the power couple, Marshall and Ashley. They were indeed praised and accepted. They made pretty much everyone jealous somehow, couples wanted to be them, girls wanted marshall, girls wanted to be just like ashley, and guys wanted ashley and hated marshall for it.

I couldn't help but think about this while I walked this. Thinking about Marshall and Ashley together was better than thinking about Marshall. Sometimes I would catch myself glancing in his direction too long or find myself thinking about him. In fact I was still lost in thought about him when someone called out my name.

"Gumball!"

"Oh," I said collecting myself, "is there anything the matter?" It was a girl, pretty and popular by the looks of it. She had a group of blushing giggling girls in the background. I pulled out my headphones and my hands out of my pocket's..

Loader giggling followed me speaking, I merely raised an eyebrow and brushed the giggling off. I smiled and almost giggled myself, I must admit I am a commutative giggler other ,people giggling makes me giggle.  

The girl finally spoke after flipping her red hair," hey my name's malory and I was wondering....you are part of the music club right."

She was nice so I smiled," that is correct."