Vermilion

Authors note: trying to update a couple more times before i leave for ballet training. In this chapter Marshall confronts gumball about Anthony and things get intense. Anthony proves to be even more of a problem. Gumball makes an ultimate decision.

Time had passed. Remember that school competition thing? The MBSOC? I got second and was crowned as prince. Marshall was said it was very fitting, the title as prince. My article spread page had me in various outfits, me in my lab coat (a picture i didn't know that they even took), me in my skeleton sweatshirt and flower crown, and another outfit i wore that Anthony chose from the clothes he bought me. The Article mostly focused how i was a rising star in school popularity. how somehow i had gone under the radar for the past couple years but this year i was rebelling my static existence. I actually worked hard not to get noticed thank you very much. Then there was something how i was a representative of homosexual community at the school. And how i had a good choice in boyfriends and how there was a raging battle between the school body's preferences. Where you team Anthony or team Marshall? to me it was a stupid question that made me feel that i was made out to be Bella in twilight.

Marshall's article was, of course, amazing just like he was. Marshall spoke about how he was going on a personal journey of renewal. how he was going to reinvent his music so that it reflected his real self and not what other expected him to be. He talked about how I had somehow inspired this. It was as if i was some sort of muse. I couldn't help but get read while reading it. They chose some very flattering photos of Marshall that made my face feel hot. Not that i was looking too closely at them or anything.

Anthony disliked the articles. When he first saw me reading it while i waited at a table at Trunk's. He ripped it out of my hands and threw it to the ground. Asking me what i was looking at and why i would read that crap. He forced me outside into an ally

that's when he forced me against a cold brick wall. He got closer and closer, far more close than he ever got before. i could feel the his breath on my face. He wanted to kiss me. If he kept getting closer he was going to kiss me. But we had an agreement. That i set the pace for the relationship. that he was okay if i never returned his feelings. that i didn't have to kiss him. he lied to me. i was furious. Before i knew i put Anthony into an arm lock.

"How dare you!? I will be....be-be damned if anybody thinks i was going to be forced into a kiss for the second freakin' time!" I stuttered, sounding like a bumbling fool, not the happy kind. Why couldn't I be firmer?

"G-gumball." he looked so apologetic

"Just-just stop. I-i thought...you said that you would respect my pace. But I see I was wrong..:" i stormed away. All i wanted to do was go home.

After three days of Anthony trying to call me and trying to text me. he finally showed up in front of my house. Ms. Peppermint was quite shocked. He was holding a dozen roses. His hair damp, eyes red and faced sad. i couldn't possibly leave him out in the rain. i still didn't like the rain after.. well the Marshall incident.. i accepted his apology and we snuggled up and watched the hobbit in which he had to deal with my squeals for every other character. (Thorin Oakenshield can mine my mountain any day if you reference me meaning)

But It didn't feel right. And i still found myself looking at the tiger lilies in the pot with sad eyes. How on earth did i get in this mess? I didn't want anyone to get hurt. i never did. i just wanted things to go smoothly.

But what about what i want? Are you still thinking about what you want?

I buried the question away. I should probably bake something.

Two weeks pass. Buzz about me and my relations, i think, have gone down around campus. The music club preps to dj and perform at the dance. Triple T or Taffy for short asks if i could sing a duet with her as well. How could i possibly say no given the chance to sing "Still into you" by paramore. At least Taffy has a song, Marshal and I haven't decided on squat.