44

The kids woke us up playing on the hallway. Kathryn was brought back by my mother but she was playing with her brothers and didn't look the same to me with her spark.

Kathryn come here please. Coming mama. Sweetie how was your overnight with nani and auntie? Okay.  Just okay? Nani spoke to me real concern about my behavior and she is scared I may use my gift for the wrong.  She did? Yes. She explained to me if I was willing to give Kennedy a sleeping pill what would I do to a total stranger. Someone who I didn't love. She has a valid point. Mama I  have been giving NANIS  talk some serious thinking.  Initially, I wanted to be a magnificent surgeon.Now, I am going to be a teacher who can spread my wisdom.  This way I don't have a real investment in the person and not get attached.  This way I won't get hurt nor they would. Sweetie this good and bad. Why bad mama? Your afraid you would hurt someone.  I know mama. I truly feel sorry for what I did yo Kennedy.  I don't want to hurt another person.  A regular doctor who does surgeries usually builds a bond with that person. I don't want that.  Oh sweetie. Don't worry mama I won't hurt anyone again.  Sweetie your so young making adult decisions.  Thanks mama but it's the best one for me. May I go play with my brothers now? Yes sweetie . Kathryn kisses me and and hugs me and runs to her brothers to play.  She seems more relaxed like back to normal.
I have been so preoccupied lately that the person who is in charge of sending out Christmas cards for got to and Christmas is tomorrow.

I sent this our right now to all

I sent this our right now to all. I apologize for not sending out Christmas cards this year.  Time got the best of me this year.   Love Maura,  Jane,  Yilena , Kennedy, Leo,  Kathryn and James.  We are looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at our home for Christmas lunch.  Please remember to bring your dish.

Jane and I read the text and chuckle.
It's not funny you two.  I am always organized.  It's okay Maur. Maura you have had alot on your plate. Don't be so hard on yourself.  Cute gig though. 
Kennedy comes in and says to us her special egg nog French toast is ready with hash brown and sausage is ready for us all.
We all love her annual Christmas eve breakfast. The kids run to the table and so do us well normally we do but today I just waddle. 
Mama you took too long.  You know we have to say a prayer before we can eat.  Sorry James mama is still a little sore.  It's okay than mama.

We say our prayer and eat.  I even had seconds along with the kids on the French toast.  Yilena and Jane have thirds. The rest of us shake our heads at them. Kennedy has improved on the family egg nog recipe and still won't tell us it.
What you guys had seconds? Jane you and Yilena had thirds. So we only get this once a year now, since you, Yilena and I don't make them anymore after Kennedy improved on the recipe unless she is sick.  I know but still. Egg nog is only out for awhile. So Jane and I stock up our taste buds for this day.
The kids. Kennedy and I just chuckle.
The weather said it isn't suppose to get foggy until ten so hopefully everyone will be home by than.  With the kids and you expecting we don't have enough bedrooms for our guests.  True but some will probably will stay over any way to play with the kids. Like auntie Katelyn , nani Martin. Cousin Avery. Jackie, Richard and Bradley.  You kids we will need you to boys to sleep together in the same bed tomorrow night.  Okay we don't mind do we Leo.  Nope not at all. Let's clean up the kitchen and get cleaning and decorating the guests bedrooms. Okay mama, okay auntie.  Yes Maur.Yes Maura. Yes sweetie.
The kids along with Kennedy and Jane started baking and making the treats for the bedrooms while the rest of us except for me this year worked on bringing the decorations of small Christmas trees and lights for the curtains and walls to be hung with mistletoe for each room. Maura handed us the mistletoe.  This was the safest thing she could do this year.
The kids of course made a mess of the kitchen and the cleaning staff were given extra to clean up their mess too.

We finished with all close to dinner time and our annual Christmas movie a thon until ten. Ten o'clock the kids were always in bed so Santa could come.  Kathryn new but didn't say anything or Santa wouldn't bring her gifts and she knew that quite well. 
We ate, watched movies and left the mess for the cleaning staff to clean up which the did. Yilena gave them there pay with an extra nice bonus.  This is why they would work on Christmas eve because of the sizeable bonus and gifts we would get their kids and grand kids each year.
They left as we were putting the kids to bed.  Leo and James slept together tonight top so the bedding wouldn't have to be changed again.