27

Several days have passed. Kennedy did well in her finals. We attended her undergraduate ceremony at Sacramento State. She was surprised on the ones who didn't have tickets to get in waited outside with banner that stated Kennedy your our family and we are so proud of you. My cousins hosted the party at Juanita's Michele and Mandi's restaurant catered by the same meals on wheels volunteers that was paid for by cousins, Carlo. Antonio, Joey and Juanita. They refused to allow us to pay. Kennedy cried more today than when we told her she was a member of our family. She is getting it now all of see her as family even my mother is behaving better and called her our niece . She took the summer to relax and go to Italy our entire family chipped in for her see Italy in a month. She stayed with Jackie and Richard. She would once a week zoom to us to update us three and the kids where she had gone with Jackie the most. Her last few days Richard, Jackie surprised her to go to Spain and spent time with June and got to know about her last name more.
She has returned and we still won't let her take care of the children five days a week but two. The three of us are taking a day from work to spend it with our children, niece and nephews.

Jane decided to be Jay's deputy assistant and is actually loving it. Initially, she was scared to but the three of us encouraged her to do so.

Maur this isn't right how the mayor is making us do the investigation into this homicide. Jay nor myself agree and we plan in having a press conference today to state so. We both love our jobs, but we won't be pressured into how he wants this case to be handled. I am on board too. Let's go upstairs outside the reporters are there.

Sheriff you ready? Yes .

Hello everyone and thank you for taking out the time to meet with us to report our views on this homicide and not the mayor's version. My deputy assistant, Jane Rizzoli, Chief forensics Coroner, Dr. Maura Isles and numerous officers will not bow down how our Mayor wants us to handle the case because it's one of his biggest supporters of his campaign and good friend. We work to serve and protect the people even if the outcome is not who others may want it to be. I didn't get in this job as sheriff of Sacramento to cover up anything. Dr. Isles will speak on the findings of her department.
The mayor drives up and is furious. The media is hounding him with questions. He does his best but comes off as an arrogant prick.
Dr. Isles please tell us your findings. Dr. Isles if you do, your fired. I am sorry Mayor but the people elected me your just a figure behind the desk. As I was going to say before the mayor tried to give me an ultimatum. With all the forensics evidence and the fire department report we have proof who killed this young lady.
Dr. Isles is it someone dear to the Mayor? I will answer that. Yes. It's his top contributor and long time golfing buddy, Harold Smythe, Bank of America CEO. Detective Rizzoli have you arrested him. Yes, as you will move out the path and give our Detectives Upton and Frost room they will book him into jail. .Smythe do you have anything to say? No comment.

Hailey and Barry took him inside and we followed along with the states attorney. The media asked when the mayor was going to resign.

He replied arrogantly never. The people will have to vote me out.

The vice mayor and the other members of the city council arrived with enough signatures that called for a new election in two months. In the meantime, the vice mayor will take over his duties..All the officers outside and inside clapped for us all for sticking up for what is right. The state attorney took over the case because the district attorney were friends with all who was trying to cover it up. We would soon have a new district attorney and mayor for Sacramento.
Dr. Isles thank you for standing up with them in front of all. You have given me enough evidence to keep him in jail for years and your city will get a district attorney and mayor who is for the people. We have been looking into both for awhile. This just sealed the case against both of them. Detective Rizzoli, Detective Upton, detective Frost and sheriff Halstead will you be so kind to arrest them and process them and have them seen by the media. I want corruption to be stopped in this state. Yes we loved too.
They left to arrest the district attorney and the mayor at their residences. Jay and Jane had to knock down the door to get the mayor who refused to open his door. The media got first hand live coverage of Jay and Jane utilizing the ram bar to bust the wooden door open and to arrest the mayor. Live coverage was seen Upton and Frost arresting the district attorney and reading her rights to her with her attorney next to her. The media from several more stations arrived to cover the press conference held by the state attorney. He stated he won't allow corruption to continue. If you are doing it, stop it and turn yourself in or the media coverage will be the same for you.

Everyone clapped when they came in handcuffs. They were processed and immediately booked and body search by the appropriate genders with several officers present so no one could state it was done incorrectly. The Sacramento Pd over saw the viewing of process. We all went out for drinks afterwards.