20

6:30 the alarm clock went off on my cell. I looked at it and turned it off. I got up to take a shower and Maur and Yilena were already downstairs making breakfast.
Jane here is your spinach Omelet with bacon and your coffee with sour dough toast. Thank you Maur.  Maur you okay? You look pale.  I think I maybe coming down with a bug.I am going to call Ken and have him be the lead. I am going to go back to bed.
Maur left to bed.
Kennedy comes in with the the kids and getting ready to feed them. We kissed our babies good bye and left for work.

Rizzoli about time you get here. Jay it's still early. What's up? We just got a call on a triple homicide downtown. I want you, Frost and korsak to go. Hailey is home with the flu.  I think Maur has it too. I am glad she stayed home. We don't need it spreading in here.
Jay I am not feeling well.Go home Nina. Thanks. Nina I will ask Avery to check on you. Thanks.
Nina left and I called my niece to check on Nina.

Auntie Jane I am home sick with the flu as well as Bradley. Oh boy. I will call Casey than to check in on you three. Auntie Jackie is here. She said she would check in on Nina. Don't worry, Jackie is masked up and has her lysol spray and disinfectant wipes. Okay,  take it easy baby girl. Thanks auntie.

I barely made in my brownstone to the downstairs bathroom when my door bell rings. I eventually open it.
Jackie brought me soup,crackers,  seven up ,tissue,  water and some microban.

Thanks Jackie.  I am helping  Avery and Bradley too who  caught the flu. I will leave my number if you need anything. Thank you again Jackie . Please tell my niece and Bradley to get better. I will drink up,  eat the soup and stay hydrated.  I left the soup on the stove for you to reheat when your ready to heat up or I can put it on the refrigerator.  No , I will eat some now and put the rest in another container to keep for later.  I lost my taste buds but know my taste buds appreciate it. Okay Nina.  Take care sweetie.
Jackie left and I poured myself a bowl of soup and sat at the dining table to eat.  I could taste a little barely. I ate and put the rest in a container and let it cool down further before putting it in the refrigerator. I text
Jackie.
I barely got a taste of it. Delicious thanks.  I am glad you could taste it sweetie. The kids said thank you. Now get yourself in bed. Yes mam.
I went to bed.

I get a call from the hospital. I take off running and jump in my Porsche.
Hello I  got a call saying my wife is here. Hailey Upton. Oh sheriff I didn't realize she was your wife with different name. She is in 345 bed two. Thank you.
I get up to the floor and they have me mask up and put a gown on.
Sweetie how you feeling? Like a train hit me. They said Mt flu turned into pneumonia. Hi Joey I didn't see you. Sweetie stop talking and rest. Joey thank you for checking in on her for me. Jay she answered the door and collapsed in my arms. I drove her here myself to save time. I only locked the door. It's okay. Just thank you.  No problem. She is asleep and will be for awhile. I am going to leave now that your here. Let me or the others know if we can do anything.  I will.

My wife looks so peaceful but pale. 
I call the mayor to tell him I am taking a leave of absence and have a recommendation for my brief time off. 
We are at the crime scene when  I get a call from the mayor to return to the precinct now. 

You guys I have to go back down to the precinct. Keep me updated. We will.

I drive back to the precinct. Everyone claps for me which is odd.

Detective Rizzoli I have been encouraged by Sheriff Halstead to appoint you acting Sheriff until he returns from family leave. Is he okay? Yes. Detective Upton is in the hospital. Oh my she got worse.  Yes. Well will you accept this temporary position? Yes.  I know your a new mother.  If you have to bring your baby to work, please not all day. Ok yes and thank you.  
I call Jay right away to thank him, inquire about Hailey and get updated on his work. We go over everything.
Maur calls me to congratulate coughing.  She heard from her staff. Yilena sends me a bouquet of tulips and Ghirardelli salty Carmel gift basket.
Jane congrats on this position. We got Leo covered . Stay late but take time to eat. I asked Juanita to make you a late dinner and to drop it off.  Love Yilena.

I text Yilena thank you and started on my new duties as acting Sheriff.