Chapter 11

Lana's POV

I explained to John about Rachel's dream, he sighed softly and tapped his fingers on the kitchen counter. I myself was in a deep state, during the time between the phone call with Rachel and now I had received another phone call. This one, from an old boyfriend.

His name is Cliff, he's the one who got me pregnant when I was 16, I drank away that child and didn't feel like telling anyone about the other one. The one I never saw, only at birth. The one that actually survived.

I couldn't tell a soul, everyone knew the story that I had a miscarriage with one baby, we'll what a shocker there was two and one of the twins didn't make it. I had forgotten about the other child, what a coincidence it's coming up now that I tell you.

Cliff told me he had the child with him, a boy about 3 years old named Aaron. He also told me how he knew I was married to John. Cliff explained that he wanted to start over, he wanted me to take him back and to raise our child. But of course I turned him away.

He said I should still see my child, then he got angry at me and said I'd be seeing more of him soon. So now I had multiple things to worry about.

Regardless, I worry about Rachel. I've herd to many stories about how mothers dream up things whether they be good or bad happening to their children, and those dreams coming true.

John bit his lip and crossed his legs as he leaned up on the kitchen counter, I snapped out of my daze thinking both about Rachel and about Cliff. I ran to John and hugged him tightly without a word.

"What's wrong?" John asked softly yet casually kissing my head

"I'm worried about Adeline, and Rachel" I sobbed, my face was buried against John's chest as he swayed back and forth slowly

"I am too" John sighed

"John?" I sniffled

"Yes love?" John asked

"How bad would you say your jealousy is?" I asked

"Depends on the person, for you it's high, for shit heads it's low" John shrugged, I hugged him tighter

"I'm gonna ruin your image" I cried

"How?" John questioned

"My past is going to effect both you and how you're seen in the public eye, I don't want that" John lifted my face to meet his and he looked me in the eyes

"What's these past problems then?" John asked

I explained everything to John, I watched as his knuckles turned white and his teeth grinder with a close mouth. I dug myself into a whole tell John. But at this point I needed the angry side of him, yet I wanted to handle it myself.

Written by Hannah