Chapter 12

Rachel POV :||

I was cuddled up to George on the couch, when we heard Adeline screaming. I ran to the bedroom, to find her in her bed, crying hard. "Mummy!" she sobbed. I picked her up, and held her tight. "Mummy, I don't feel good!" Adeline wailed.

She was running a fever, and she wouldn't stop barfing. I feared the worst. Her appendix had burst. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. We called a docter, and explained it was the flu. He gave me her medicine, and left. George and I held her all night.

We didn't sleep. We stayed in Adeline's room, watching over her. It was two in the morning when I heard a crash from downstairs. George left to check on it. Moments later, gunshots fired. I locked the window in Adeline's room, and locked her door. "Lana!" a man shouts.

That's when I fell down the steps. Someone is raiding my home! Looking for Lana! I felt blood gushing from my head. The last thing I remember hearing, is that the man is going to life in prison. I blacked out.

Was I shot or something? Will anyone tell Lana? Am I dead? Have I left Adeline? Have I left George? Have I left my family? No, because 13 weeks later, I wake up with Lana, John, George, Paul, Ringo, and my little Adeline around my hospital bed.