Chapter 17

Lana's POV

I don't think Aaron's a brat. I never did. I was just upset and mad, confused even. Sure, I didn't want to take Aaron with a baby on the way but what choice did I have?

-earlier that day-

I went down to the orphanage, walking in the front door I checked with the front desk, there was kids playing in the back room. I saw Aaron, and he saw me.

Oddly enough he knew who I was right away, he ran up to me and wrapped his little arms around my legs, he was only about knee hight.

"Mummy!" He exclaimed, I reached down and picked him up. Cliff told me he looked like me, now I knew how much that was true

"Hi Aaron" I smiled warmly with a quiet sigh

He was still registered under Cliff's last name, McCarthy which was funny considering it was only two letters away from McCartney.

Aaron is only three, and considering how he was raised by Cliff I wouldn't have even expected him to know how to walk, but then I received information that Cliffs girlfriend helped raise him. She was still looking for him, God knows if she'll show up.

-back to that night-

I was at the hospital, I finished talking to Rachel and then she fell asleep. I couldn't fall asleep.

I sat on the windowsill, Aaron sat on my lap. I rested my head on the window and Aaron laid back, drifting off slowly. I watched as the street was still lit up, but things in the distance started burning out, nights in Liverpool were either quiet or loud, it all depends on the night.

George called me at the prison and told me about how John flipped out at Rachel, George was concerned were to me this felt normal. To see Rachel in trouble, or in a hospital. I've known her three years and she's been to the hospital about five times in those three years. Sleeping in a hospital room wasn't new to me.

I remember coming here after the crash, and figuring out about my alcohol poisoning. I never wanted to look at a hospital until that point. As a teenager before the crash, I hated hospitals, I'd seen to many loved ones pass away in them. They scared me to think that I could end up in one, and die like the rest. They never appealed to me.

I learned not to worry to much about Rachel, these things happened often. Of course I still worried but I didn't show it as much as I had done previous times. I knew she'd survive.

John started to wake up, when he did he stood up with a stretch. I didn't want to talk to John now, I'd wanted to talk to him about Aaron in the morning, but John does things on his own terms. I wasn't scared of John, even when he got so angry he started hitting things, I'd sit there calmly. But I didn't feel like fighting with him and waking up the whole hospital.

We'll just have to see.

Written by Hannah