Chapter 19

Lily's POV

"Go to bed!" I yelled at Lincoln for what felt like the millionth time. Teenagers. I thought, rolling my eyes.

"You need some help?" Rhett asked.

"I don't know what you can do, but please do it." Rhett gave me a sneaky smile.

"Lincoln!" he called in a booming voice. Lincoln appeared in the room with a sly smile. "Give you $5 bucks to go to bed." Rhett pulled a bill out of his pocket and held it up. Lincoln walked by, grabbed the bill and obediently went upstairs. I looked at Rhett disapprovingly.

"What?" he said protectively.

"Nothing." I replied. "When's Locke coming?" I asked.

"He said after he was finished his homework and ate dinner." Rhett replied. "So soon." I looked down at my hands disappointed. "Hey, don't worry." He said placing a hand on my arm. "He'll get here before your parents."

***

A few minuted later I heard a knock at the door and went to go answer it.

"Hey!" I said happily to Locke.

"Hi Pumpkin." He said and he pulled me into a hug and gently placed his lips on my mine. I saw Rhett watching with a small smile on his face. "Are you ready to tell them?" he asked.

"I'll never be ready." I replied. "But it's something I have to do." Locke brushed a lock of my hair out of my face and smiled at me.

"We'll do it together." I placed my head on his shoulder.

"I'm terrified." I said as a tear slipped from my eyes. Locke lightly pushed my head up by my chin and wiped my tears away.

"So am I Pumpkin." He said looking straight into my eyes. "But dad will help us." I looked over where Rhett was still standing. I walked slowly towards him and embraced him in a hug. He hugged back and we stayed there for a few moments. I felt so safe there, in the tall mans arms. I quickly released when the front door opened and mom and dad appeared in the doorway.

"Hey guys." Mom said slightly confused. Dad stood beside her with his eyebrows furrowed. Locke moved beside me and interlocked his fingers with mine. Rhett stood behind us.

"We need to talk." I said.

Link nodded an we all walked into the living room. Locke and I sat down on the couch across from mom and dad. Rhett sat in the armchair in the middle, creating a half circle.

"So, what is it?" Dad asked being blunt.

"Your not going to be happy about this." I started. Mom and Dad looked at me intently so I choked up.

"Lily and I," Locke started, saving me. "Are, uh..." Locke trailed off. He was just as terrified as me and couldn't get any words out. I looked at Rhett for help and he jumped in.

"Locke and Lilly are going to have a baby." He said. Dads eyes got wide and moms mouth dropped open.

"How could you, oh my, it was when you went on a date wasn't it?" Asked mom I nodded. She looked down at her hands and sighed. "I trusted you Lily." I felt a lump in my throat. Dad still hasn't said anything.

"Lily." He said. "When are you getting the abortion?"

"I-I'm not." I said, my voice wavering on the verge if tears. "We're not." Dads eyes became even wider.

"Why not? It seams like a simple choice to me."

"We want to keep the baby." Said Locke.

"Locke, your 16!" Dad replied.

"And I'm terrified. But we don't want to give up the baby." Dad sighed.

"Mom." I said. "Please say something." She sighed and looked at Locke and I.

"I don't think it's the best choice." She said. "But I support you." A wave of relief came over me. I don't care if she thinks is a good choice. I just want my parents to be there for me. I looked I've at Rhett and he smiled. I got up and gave mom a hug that she accepted. I then looked at dad. I was about to give him a hug but he stood up and walked into the kitchen. One silent tear rolled down my cheek.

Rhett's POV

I saw the tear come from Lily's eye so I followed Link into the kitchen.

He was at the table with a shot of vodka in hand. I sat beside him.

"Alcohol won't help." I said.

"It's temporary." He replied and downed the shot before pouring himself another. I sighed.

"This will turn out to be good." I said.

"Don't see how." He said and took another shot.

"Remember Ashley?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"You know how sad I was after she left me not knowing if I have another child or not?"

"Where is this going Rhett?" Link asked annoyed.

"I don't want Lily and Locke to go through the same feeling of losing a child that I went through." Link sighed and put the vodka away.

"I guess." He said before going upstairs.

PLEASE READ!!!! REALLY, REALLY, SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!
This is just a reminder that I've made a book called 'The Book of Authors Notes'. It's INSTEAD of having authors notes in my stories but, not enough people have started reading it and if people don't read it I will have to start putting authors notes in my stories again. So please go check it out!! You can can find it in my works section of my profile page. It has information about when I will be updating stories, new books, if I'm putting a book in hold, if I'm ending a book and anything else I need to tell you guys. So please, please, please go add it to your library.