Chapter 20

Yay! Chapter 20 and 2.63k reads Whoop! Whoop! Thanks guys!

3 months later

Lily's POV

I sat on the soft, hospital bed. Locke was standing beside me smiling down at me nervously and excitedly. I smiled back, just as nervous. Rhett was sitting in a chair by the door. I glanced over at him and he smiled supportively. Mom and Dad didn't want to come and Jessie was busy.

The doctor put some gel on my stomach that had grown and started the ultrasound. I looked over at the monitor.

"Is that our baby?" I said, with tears in my eyes.

"Yes." The doctor responded. "There's the head, that's the arms and there's the-"

"It everything okay?" Locke asked nervously. I looked at Rhett panicked and scared. He looked back, trying to be supportive, but also nervous.

"You baby had two heads, four arms and four legs." The doctor smiled.

"We're having twins?!" the doctor nodded. Locke and I looked at each other happily. Locke leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Congratulations guys." Rhett said coming around to my other side and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I said with a tear of happiness rolling down my cheek. Locke lovingly wiped it away.

"We're having twins." He said happily. I nodded as more tears fell. He kissed me again.

***

"Hey dad." I said when I got home. Locke came with me.

"Hello Lily." He replied, not looking up from his book.

"Locke and I are having twins." I said.

"Mhm." He said, still not poking up.

"Okay." I said while trying to fight the lump in my throat. Locke supportively placed his hand on my shoulder. "That's all." I ran upstairs no longer able to hold the tears. Locke paused and said something to dad before following me upstairs.

Link's POV

"You know, you can at least pretend you care." Locke said before running upstairs to comfort my crying daughter. I looked up from my book with tears running down my cheeks.

"I do care." I whispered to myself.

Locke's POV

"You know, you can at least pretend to care." I said to Link before running upstairs to comfort Lily.

"Lily." I said while I lightly knocked on her bedroom door. "Can I come in?" I poked my head in and saw Lily sitting on her bed with one hand clutching the small, bulging stomach. Her other hand was pressed against her face, hiding her tears. I quietly went over and sat beside her on the bed. I put my arm around her and he buried her face in my chest.

"Shh." I said. "It's okay." I let he cry into me for about 15 minutes.

"W-why can't he care?" she stuttered.

"He does." I said reassuringly. I didn't really know for sure, but it's his daughter. He has to care. "He's just having trouble showing it." Lily buried her face back in my chest. She eventually fell asleep so I lay her down in her bed and lay beside her, placing the covers on top of us. I wrapped my arm around her and placed my hand on her belly. I placed a soft kiss on her head before drifting off to sleep.

Link's POV

I went upstairs to check on Lily and Locke and found them asleep together on Lily's bed. I quietly walked in and placed a soft kiss on Lily's forehead.

"I love and care about you and your babies." I whispered. Then I walked out, softly closing the door behind me.

Lily's POV

"Thank you daddy." I whisked after my dad left.