Chapter 11

Locke's POV

I reached for Lily's hand and we interlocked fingers.

"Please don't tell my parents." Said Lily with tears in her eyes. "I'll tell them when I'm ready." Dad nodded.

"You better get home." Said mom. Lily nodded. She let go of my hand and walked towards the door when I cut in.

"I'll walk with you." I said. Lily smiled and we interlocked our hands again.

***

For the first part of our short walk Lily and I were silent. Lily had that look on her face. That look she gets when she's worried or scared.

"You ok Pumpkin?" I asked. Lily stopped walking and turned on her heel to face me.

"I'm scared." She said. She didn't have to tell me. I could tell from the look in her eyes.

"Pumpkin, it's ok. I'm here. And your parents are going to love you no matter what." Lily smiled. I leaned in and kissed her. "I love you."

"Love you too." We continued walking along the sidewalk swinging are interlocked hands.

***

Lily's POV

I cautiously opened the front door and Locke and I slipped inside.

"LILY VICTORIA NEAL." I heard dad yell as soon as I closed the door behind me. "YOU GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE THIS INSTANT." I wandered, still holding Locke's hand, into the living room where mom and dad were standing looking not too happy.

"Where were you!?" yelled dad.

"W-we were in the c-car." I quietly stuttered. Dads eyes widened then looked at Locke with a menacing glare and mom put her head in her hands.

"Lily, I convinced dad to let you go and you do this?!" Se shook her head. Dad was still staring at Locke. His fists were clenched together and the look in his eyes was pure hell and hatred. I looked at Locke who was trembling and had nothing but fear in his face.

"We didn't." I said. Mom looked at me surprised. "We just fell asleep. It was late." Dads face relaxed, still upset, but less so and Locke looked less nervous that dad was going to rip his throat out.

"Lily you're grounded." Said dad. That was no surprise to me. "For 3 months." This was a surprise. I thought 1 1/2 months max.

"Dad!" I exclaimed. "I have to go to work and school!"

"To go to school in the morning, you come home. On the weekends you go to work and you come home. That's the end of it. You don't go to friends houses, friends don't come here, no parties, no dates, no phone, no laptop, nothing."

"Mom!" I said, trying to get some support on this.

"I agree with your father. You're grounded for 3 months and I don't want to hear anymore about it."

"You may show Locke out now." Said dad, still upset. I pulled Locke over to the door by our hands that were still interlocked.

"Love you." I said.

He lifted up my face by pushing my chin and kissed me. "Love you too." I smiled and so did he. We stood there, gazing into each others eyes, until dad came over and ripped the two of us apart before opening the door and tossing Locke out. Locke looked shocked as dad slammed the door in his face.

"Dad!" I half yelled at him. "Why did you do that?"

"Go to your room." he said in a low voice. He was still mad and I think he was going to be for a while.