Chapter 2

The Next Day

Locke's POV

I couldn't concentrate in any of my classes. It seemed like they took forever to go by. At lunch I looked for Lily but didn't see her so she must have been at the library studying. I tell her she studies too much every time I see her studying but she doesn't believe me. She's a straight A student. I've never seen her get anything less and if she did she would have a mental breakdown.

***

The end of the day finally came. I waited for Lily in the front foyer of the school by the big fountain. I waited for 10 minutes and she didn't show. I was about to leave when she came running down the hallway towards me.

"I'm sorry! Im sorry! I know I'm late. I had to go to talk to when of my teachers then I had to-" She spoke quickly.

"It's okay. I don't mind waiting." I said to stop her from rambling on. He hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head, there was a pencil behind her ear and her RayBand glasses, that she usually only wore for reading, were falling off her face. She looked up (She had to look up because I had gotten my dads hight) into my eyes with a distressed look on her face. I laughed. "C'mon. Lets go." I put my arm across her back and we walked outside to the pizza place across the street.

***

Lily's POV

We walked inside the pizza place. Locke had his arm around me. It smelled good and was warm against my skin. I looked at his blue eyes and he looked down at mine. I still felt really bad about being late, but he didn't seem to mind.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" He asked me.

"Pepperoni."

"2 slices of pepperoni pizza please." Locke said to the man behind the counter. He pulled our pizzas out of the stone pizza oven, put one slice on each plate and handed them to us.

"That would be $6.79." He said. I was pulling out my wallet but Locke said no and paid. We sat down at one of the little couples tables and started eating.

"You didn't have to pay." I told him.

"I wanted to." He said. I rolled my eyes. "What?!" He exclaimed. "I wanted to." I just laughed.

"Whatever. Next time I'm paying." He raised his eyebrows.

"So there's a next time?" I blushed at the question.

"I,um,uh..." I trailed of. He just laughed.

"I would love to do this again." He said.

"So would I." I replied. He smiled his beautiful, memorizing smile.

"So my dad is going to pick us up at 4." He said, taking another bite of pizza. "It's..." He looked at his phone. "3:56." Wow. We had been here for an hour but it didn't feel like that long at all.

Locke's POV

I watched Lily quickly scarf down her pizza. It was adorable. We threw out our paper plates and waited outside for my dad.

"So." I said. She smiled at me. "There's a...I, uh..." I trailed off. She smiled up at me expectantly. I looked into her deep blue eyes. I felt like they could go on forever. I leaned in close to her so my lips were almost touching hers. I could smell pepperoni on her breath. We kept looking into each others eyes until I leaned in, just a slight bit, and planted my lips on hers. She was almost on her tippy-toes and I was leaning down a bit because I was an inch and a half taller. We kissed for long time. I didn't want to, but eventually we pulled away. As soon as I pulled away saw my dad sitting in the car looking with almost a surprised, but happy and amazed look on his face.

"I liked that." Said Lily.

"So did I." She kissed me quickly once more and we got in the car.

"Hey guys." Said my dad. "Did you have fun?" He sounded fake an filled with bewilderment.

"Yeah dad." I said. "We had a great time." I turned to Lily and smiled. We were holding hands with our fingers interlocked.

***

Lily's POV

Locke and I had our fingers interlocked the whole ride home our hands started to get sweaty but I didn't care. We pulled up into the McLaughlin driveway because I was going to walk home so my dad didn't see me getting out of Rhett's car. "Thank you for driving me home Rhett." I said. "And thank you for the pizza." I said to Locke. We smiled at each other. We all got out of the car and I started walking home.

Locke's POV

I watched Lily walk down the street to her house. I turned to face my dad, who was smiling at me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nothing." He said. "You guys really like each other. Get along well." We started walking up the driveway to the front door.

"Do you think we really do?" I asked. "I mean do you think we're right for each other?"

"Only you can decide that." He said. We went inside and I immediately went upstairs to my room.

Lily's POV

I walked up the driveway and inside my house. My mom and dad were watching TV. "Hi honey." Said my mom. "How was the pizza?"

"Good." I said and went upstairs to tell Jena how it went.