Chapter 23

Lily's POV

"Okay, your twins look great and healthy. Do you want to know the genders?" I looked at Locke.

"Do you?" He asked me.

"I don't know if I can wait. Do you?" I replied.

"I don't know if I can wait either."

"So should we find out?" I nodded. The doctor smiled.

"Okay, well you have one boy and one girl!" tears started to well my eyes. Locke gave my hand a squeeze.

"Okay. You're good to go whenever you're ready!" I wiped the tears away and started struggling to get off the bed because of my large belly. Locke grabbed my hand and helped me stand up. I smiled and him and let go of his hand. Mom and Dad walked behind me with Rhett beside dad. Locke walked beside me. Her was about to help me into his car.

"No," I said. "I want to go with mom and dad."

"Okay." We went to my car and he helped me into the backseat.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and smiled his beautiful smile back. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "I love you" he said.

"I love you too." He closed the door and dad, who was sitting in the drivers seat, started the car.

"Thank you for coming." I said.

"I wasn't going to miss my only daughters ultrasound for my grandchildren." Exclaimed mom.

"And we wanted to be here for you, our baby girl." Dad said with a smile.

"Can we have the McLaughlin's over for dinner?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. Shouldn't be a problem." Replied mom.

***

"Lily!" I heard mom call my name from upstairs. "Come set the table please!" I pressed send on the email I was writing and slowly made my way downstairs. I started putting the plates and cutlery out.

***

"Hi!" I said when I opened the door. "Come on in." The McLaughlin's came inside and took off their shoes. Locke kissed me and I kissed back. "I have some news to tell everyone at dinner." I whispered into his ear.

"And what would that be?" He whispered back.

"You'll find out." I said before walking away into the kitchen.

***

Mom, dad, Rhett, Jessie, Locke, Shepherd, Lincoln, Lando and I all sat down for dinner.

"So," I said before the food was served. "I have some news."

"Is everything alright?" Locke asked, placing his hand on mine.

"Yes, it's just that I'm in grade 11 and I want to go to university after grade 12." I looked at mom and dad as they started piecing together what I was going to say. "I know Locke want to as well and we we're going to new someone to take care of the twins." I looked at dad and he his brow furrowed in thought. Mom looked like she was listening intently. Rhett gave me a supportive smile when I looked at him and Jessie looked a bit worried but was also listening intently. "Would you guys be able to take care of them?" I asked.

"I would be honoured." Rhett answered right away.

"Of course." Jessie said next.

"We'll have to talk about more in detail later but defiantly." Said dad. Mom, Rhett and Jessie nodded in agreement. I smiled and looked at Locke who also had a bright smile.

"Thank you." I said and we started eating.