Chapter 5

Locke's POV

I waited at the bus stop for Lily to come. I couldn't wait to see her beautiful face with her hair probably in a messy bun from studying all night. I saw her walked quickly down the pathway in the distance.

Lily's POV

I fast-walked to the bus stop because the bus was coming soon. I saw a curly haired guy standing there. Then I saw the bus. "Shoot." I thought. "I missed it." everyone got on the bus except for the curly haired guy. He stood there waiting. Then it hit me. Locke was waiting for me at the bus. How sweet! I sped up to go see him. I was smiling everywhere. I went up to him, still smiling.

"Hey Pumpkin." he said. Awe, he made a nickname for me! My heart melted when I looked into his eyes.

Locke's POV

I spent all night making the perfect name for her, Pumpkin. She seemed to like it. As soon as she came close enough I quickly leaned in and planted my lips on hers. She kissed back. We kissed for a long time. Not a little peck kiss, a nice long kiss. All the people at the bus stop (mostly people we went to school with) stared at us. I didn't care. I pulled away from her but we kept our faces close. "That was nice." She said. I smiled. She went to validate her ticket at the machine and that's when I realized her hair wasn't in a messy bun. She didn't have make up on (like always) but her hair was in a fancy, neat bun not a messy, falling out bun. "She dressed up for me." I thought.

"Hey dude!" I heard a familiar voice call. It was Alex, my best friend. He came up beside me. "That was quite a kiss." He teased.

"Shut up." I said playfully. He punched my arm and started making kissy noises. I shooed his arm away. "It's not like that." I said. He stopped punching me and making noises. "I think I love her." He got a bit more serious. That's what I love about Alex. He could be tons of fun but also be serious and compassionate. He was a great guy and I'm lucky to have him as my friend since I was 4.

"Oh, ok man. That's great I'm happy for you." Alex smiled. "I'm gonna go validate my ticket." He left as Lily was returning with Jena at her side. I could hear her whispering excitedly. I couldn't quite make out what they were talking about but I'm pretty sure it's me.

"Hey." Said Jena with a head nod. She was a bit of a tomboy. Rachel, another one of Lily's friends, excitedly ran up to us smiling. I guess they all knew.

Alex returned from the ticket machine with his girlfriend Caroline. They had been together since grade 6. Wow. I had never really thought about it but that's 4 years. I hope Lily and I can be like that.

The bus came and we all boarded.

Lily POV

When we were boarding the bus I tried to go with Locke but he was surrounded by his friends Alex, Zach and Mason. I was surrounded by Jena, Hillary, Aylin, Rachel and Caroline (she's Alex's boyfriend but also one of my best friends.) I guess I'll see Locke at lunch.

***

We arrived at school and Locke and I finally got away from our friends for a little bit. Locke and I held hands as we walked to my locker then his. They were right beside each other. We kissed again before running off to our next class. "Cya Pumpkin." Locke called after me. I smiled everywhere again. As soon as I entered the classroom I pushed him out of my mind.

***

At Lunch

Locke's POV

I searched the cafeteria for Lily. I finally found her at the vending machine buying a cookie. I went up beside her and kissed her cheek. She turned to me and smiled. She kissed me on the lips. We got our food and sat down, although we were soon surrounded by our friends. Except Alex and Caroline. They sometimes use lunch as a make out session in the janitors closet.