Sunday Havock

WARNING: I did give Kai religious trauma! Be aware of this, if you get triggered please skip this chapter.

Kai pov:

I was rudely awakened by Zane.

"We are going to church, get ready."

"Why?~"

"Cause we all need to spend some time together, and no one else could think of anything better. Wu even gave us the day off for church."

"Fine~."

"Quit complaining, your second father was a priest, you told me that."

"Alright, I'm getting ready! You can leave mom!"

Zane rolled his eyes.

"And I'm doing your hair."

"No! Zane, anything but that!"

"Suck it up Kai, it's not decent to stick your hair up for-"

I had somehow managed to push him to the door and shut it on him. Now to wake the girls.

"Kaitlyn~, wakey wakey sweetheart."

"Mmm, Daddy, why are we up so early?"

She whined. Sadly she's the easier one to wake up.

"We are going to church, can you wake up your sister while I pick out outfits for the three of us?"

"Mhm."

She sat up from the bed and started to wake Kailey. I got a blue button up with some bootcut jeans for me and two matching blue dresses for the girls, plus a red bow with red sandles for them. I got some of my boots.

When was the last time I wore boots again?

Whatever.

We all got dressed and I brushed their hair. Kailey's fluffy slightly curly hair is much easier to brush than Kaitlyn's thin straight hair.

How TF did neither of my kids get my hair?

I took the girls to the table and made them each a bowl of oatmeal, adding some brown sugar and cinnamon to it. Then I sat Infront of Zane, who was on the couch, on the floor and gave him my brush...

To say I was terrified was an understatement.

I had never seen Zane do anyone's hair, not even his own.

A few minutes later, he had finished brushing my hair and said it was good. He gave me a mirror shortly after. He had somehow styled my, normally straight hair with little to no volume at all, into a fluffy high ponytail.

"How did you?-"

"A very small portion of hair gel can make a person's hair fluffy, just a bit harder to do than with hairspray."

I was impressed, I looked good.

I stood up and walked to the girls.

"What do you think girls?"

"You look amazing, Daddy."

"But can you put like a red bracelet on?"

"To match us?"

The twins and answering together, something they've done since they were itty-bitty.

"Sure thing girls, just give me a moment. Uncle Zane will watch you until Uncle Jay, Auntie Nya, Papa, and Dada get here."

"Oki!"

They answered in sync.

I walked to my room and found a simple red watch my dad, Ray Smith, gave me before he and mom, Maya Smith, disappeared. I slipped it on and went back to the kitchen.