Night Terrors

TW! Panic attack and Mentions of death (dead bodies)

Kai pov:

[In his dream]

I was sitting in the cell alone.

"Where is everyone?"

I asked, no one answered. Then, Dr Alex came to me.

"Kaite, dearest. I do not regret to inform you that all your little friends, your children, and your sister," he chuckles a bit" are so excited to see you."

He told me.

"What did you do?"

I asked. He snapped his fingers at the other clones.

"This."

He smiled, almost satanically, as the clones throw my family's bodies in the cell. I scream.

Nya pov:

I jolted awake at the sound of Kai screaming, Cole and Lloyd did too. He was still asleep. I went over to him and shook him a bit. He quickly woke up and sat up. He fell into an anxiety attack. He probably had a nightmare and couldn't think straight.

"Kai."

I start to call him repeatedly, gently, not to get him further panicked.

"Kai... Kai... Kai, can you hear me?"

After a few minutes, Kai finally responded with a nod.

"You ok?"

He shook his head.

"Can I give you a hug?"

He hesitated for a moment, then nodded. I got up and pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back to help relieve his nerves.

"You want to talk about it, bud?"

He shook his head repeatedly.

"Ok, ok, dumb question. I just have to ask these things."

Kai moved so he was more comfortable, with him leaning on me at an angle, with his head at my left shoulder and the rest of his body going off to the right, his head slightly tucked into me. I started to play with his hair.

"You're kinda like a big baby, not in the mean ways though, you're gentle and sweet when you wanna be, but you're also very easy to sent panicking."

He elbowed me in the leg.

"Hey! I'm trying to help you relax!"

He looked at me in anger. I suddenly realized that I was in the wrong.

"Sorry Kai, I forgot about the whole being stuck here and that any bit of venerability is a death sentence here. And I'm sorry for what I said, wrong place, wrong time."

He tucked his head back, I guess he forgave me, so I played with his hair again. Within minutes, he was back asleep. Cole and Lloyd came over to me.

"What was that?!"

Lloyd whisper yelled.

"What?"

I asked.

"The whole nonverbal Kai and the translater you!"

Cole whisper yelled at me.

"When Kai is too stressed, he goes completely nonverbal for hours, or even days, at a time. I learned to read his body language and how to help him relax, while he learned to trust me with this."

I explained. They looked at each other, then me.

"Please teach us your ways!"

They whisper yelled, begging, in sync.

"The only way to learn this is experience. Kai will only let you see part of this, you have to adjust to whichever part of these night terrors he shows you."

"Oh..."

They both sounded disappointed.

"Now get to sleep, both of you! We need to be strong for tomorrow. With how badly he was scared, he's not gonna talk much, if at all, tomorrow."

I told them, then the three of us went back to bed.
_______________________
555 words