Fears

Kai pov:

"Yeah, I'm just gonna get in the shower sis."

"Alright, wash all of that gel outta that hair of yours."

"I will."

I walk to my room after talking to Nya for what felt like hours. I go to my private bathroom and start a hot shower, taking off my shirt, reveling my binder...

I stare at it, and every moment I do, I feel more out of place. I'm the only trans person on the team, and 2 actually transphobic... Master Wu and Jay... Dispite all of Zane's scientific explanations, they think it's unnatural. Cole and Lloyd are the biggest supporters, other than Nya.

I strip the rest of the way down and hop into the shower. I let the water run down my body, as I just stood there, trying to relax.

Three other people on the team know I'm trans. Zane, he detected my binder hurting me once and forced me to explain, Nya, she's my sister so duh, and Lloyd, when he first did my laundry without me knowing, he found one of my 2 binders, I had to explain and made him promise not to tell anyone.

"Kai?"

Speak of the devil. He spoke through the door.

"Yeah Lloyd?"

"Can I stay in here? Jay and Master Wu are on that subject again."

We call their rants of transphobia "that subject."

"Sure, can you get my sweat shirt out and set it on my sink for me though?"

"The gray one?"

"Yeah."

"Yep, I'm coming in real quick."

He walked in, placed on my sink and walked back out.

Lloyd and Nya were the only two I truly trusted with this. Yes Zane helped me in a few ways, but I keep this secret for a reason.

I am scared.

I'm scared Cole, Jay, Master Wu, and Pixal will hate me. I'm scared I'll be thrown off the team. I'm scared for Lloyd cause he's said he looks up to me. And most of all, I'm scared for my safety.

Then there is a familiar pressure on my chest.

Breathe, Kai, breathe.

I take slow deep breaths and sit down in the shower. I hate these so much. Anxiety attacks are the worst.

I turn off the water and open the curtain, letting the cold air bring me down to Earth.

After I calmed back down, I grabbed a towel. Once I finished drying off, I wrapped it around my hair and put on my sweat shirt, my boxers, and my black sweat pants. I walk out to Lloyd.

"Having a hard day?"

I guess I look like shit then.

"No."

"Kai, I came into your room twenty minutes ago."

"Twenty minutes?!"

He placed a hand on my shoulder. I tensed up. I wanted to push it off and run, but my body disobeyed. Instead I stood still, like a deer staring at headlights.

"Kai, are you ok?

"Yeah!"

I put up a fake smile. He took it, I guess, cause he sat down on my bed.

"Wanna watch some anime since I'm here?"

"... Can we watch Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V?"

"Of course!"

I sat next to him as he put the show on. Halfway through the third episode, I fell asleep, resting my head on his shoulder.

Little did I know, that was the wrong choice...

______________________________________

556 words