Sick Day Madness

No pov:

It's been a couple months since the twin boys were born, so Kai has finally started to take care of himself again, but all good things must come to an end. He woke up, as he normally does, unknowing the chaos that a waits him.

Kai pov:

I woke up and checked on Landon and Lance, Lance sleeping peacefully, Landon ready to play.

I let out a short awe. Lloyd came up behind me and hugged me.

"Come back to bed please."

He told me. I let out a sigh.

"Fine~, only cause you asked so nicely."

I got a small giggle out of him before he pulled me to the bedroom. He and I laid down again and fell asleep.

--Two hours later--

Cole pov:

I was chilling in bed next to Kai, Lloyd was already awake and Kai was still asleep.

"Hey Lloyd, is Kai ok? He looks kinda pale."

Lloyd looks at Kai, then feels his forehead.

"He's running a fever."

Kai woke up a bit, groaning as he did.

"Hey Kai. Are you feeling ok?"

I asked him.

"No.."

"You wanna stay in bed today?"

Lloyd asked.

".. No.. but I have to."

He when into a coughing fit after he finished answering Lloyd. After it was over, Kai laid his head back down and groaned.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

Lloyd said, trying to cheer him up.

"Seems like all y'all have done recently..."

"Just go to sleep, Mr Negative."

"Fine."

When he fell asleep, we got up and told the others. Zane and Jay offered to watch the boys, Nya and Pixal offered to watch the girls.

Zane cooked up some oatmeal for Kai, with a side of fruit and apple juice, since it was either that or orange juice, and he would've spit orange juice back in our faces.

Lloyd and I took the food to Kai, gently woke him up, and helped him eat cause his hands were so shaky.

After he finished eating, we started a warm bath for him to relax in. Lloyd helped him walk to the bathtub, we helped him undress, and put him in the tub.

A quiet thank was said.

"You don't need to thank us, we're here to help you."

Lloyd said before going out to get Kai some fresh clothes.

I helped Kai wash his hair and face, I think he fell asleep again. Yep, definitely fell asleep again.

After I finished washing his hair and face, I dried him off and Lloyd put him in the fresh clothes. We put him back in bed and let him rest.

-in a very close place-

No pov:

"We have our eyes on the princess known as Kai, sir."

"Good, and your report?"

"She's sick, just like her sister."

"Perfect. Take everyone there."

--back to the ninja an hour later--

Cole pov:

We were chilling out, when we were attacked. Multiple Alex's were attacking, some with dart guns, some with these weird tentacles coming out of their backs, others with their fists.

Lloyd and I tried out best, but Lloyd got knocked out, then I did.

When I woke up, I was on some sort of truck. Everyone else was there... Except the kids. Everyone was out still.

I looked over to Kai, was he in chains?! What the hell?! As I was getting pissed off, a mist came out of the truck. It made me feel dizzy and I felt a pain in my mouth. What's going on?!

Kai woke up, and he was instantly terrified. I couldn't understand what he was saying, so I reached to pull off the, like, metal mask he had on. He shook his head 'no'.

I put my hands down.

"But I don't know what's going on."

I told him. He signed to me 'do you know sign?'.

"Yes?"

'Were being brought back to the lab.'

"What?! Why now that you're sick?! Not months or even years ago?!"

'It makes it easier for them to catch me.'

Zane woke up.

"Cole, why are you yelling?-"

He cut himself off.

"Zane are you ok-"

"This place is familiar to me... Why?"

'You might have been to the lab, Zane.'

The others woke up, after explaining, the truck stopped and the door opened. Two Alex's were there, one with shackles, the other a knife to Kailey's throat.

"Listen to me and she lives, disobey and she fades, got that Katie?"

Kai put his head down. Alex smiled.

"Good, and if your friends disobey, they die."

Two other Alex's came from the sides and rounded us up like cattle. The one with the chains climbed into the truck and put Kai in the other shackles to walk.

We were led into the building, we heard whispering, and then one guy yelled.

"All the royals have been captured! We're all gonna die!"

We were thrown into a cell and saw something I thought I never would...

A younger version of myself  holding onto a burnett man in his thirties at the oldest with bright green eyes and my hair is bright flame red...
_________________________
853 words

Guess who's finally back! Sorry for the three month wait! I promise I didn't mean for it to take this long to get my life back together, but I'm back now!