Nightmares

WARNING you now, this one is going to be very angsty. There will be mentions of abuse, gore, and anxiety attacks so leave this chapter if any of those trigger you.

Kai pov(in his dream):

I'm a kid again?

.
.
.

I look around and freeze when I realized where I was.

I'm back at his lab.

"Kaite~~. Mommy is back~."

Oh no, not her.

"Your wings look like they need a trim, maybe we'll put them next to your other pair in a case, or in here to remind you that you cannot escape us."

She smile devilishly, pulling me out of the room I was in.

"NO PLEASE! DON'T CUT OFF MY WINGS! PLEASE MOTHER!"

Then the dream ended when she ripped my crimson wings out of my back. I woke up with a scream and immediately went into an anxiety attack.

Lloyd shot up quickly looking around for danger, Cole, still drowsy, put a hand on my shoulder. Once Lloyd and Cole saw me flinch when Cole touched me, they knew something was wrong. Their faces showed it all.

"Kai, can --- hear me?"

Lloyd was talking.

"Y-yes.."

My breath quickened more cause I could feel my wings getting ripped out all over again. I tuck my knees into my chest and cover my ears as tears start to fall from my now closed eyes.

After what felt like forever, I felt a hand touch my cheek, I flinched at first, then melted into the warmth radiating from it. It helped melt some of the anxiety and allowed me to steady my breathing a bit. I felt calmer with whomever it is holding my cheek than touching my back right now.

"-ai, Kai can you hear me?"

I nod slowly.

"Good, we thought we lost ya for a moment there."

"I-I'm.. s-.. sorry.."

"Kai, you don't need to apologize for having an anxiety attack."

Lloyd was the main one speaking, Cole was the 'optimistic' one. I nuzzled into Lloyd a bit.

"You wanna talk about it or?"

I shook my head.

" N-not r.. r-rea-eady."

"And that is perfectly ok, Kai."

I grab my phone and start to fiddle with the case.

"Is there something we can do to help?"

"I-I wanna cuddle b-but don't want my b-back to be t-touched.."

"I think I can work with that."

Lloyd shifted me to where his arms were wrapped around my my neck and my head is tucked into the crook of his neck.

"Just try to relax Kai. Whatever happened to you, you're here and not there. You're safe."

Lloyd started to whisper sweet nothings to me, playing with a bit of my hair.

I fell back asleep in a matter of minutes, feeling completely calm.

Lloyd pov:

After Kai's anxiety attack, he fell asleep again, but now he's made us wonder, what happened to him? We'll have to ask Zane today, cause that fiasco started at one a.m., to see what we can do to help.

______________________________
505 words