Chapter 11: Thanksgiving

Amelia's P.O.V

I made pie. I am stressed. I made pie.

I walk to the door and pressed the doorbell waiting to plaster the smile on if he opened the door.

Maybe it was guilt for him taking care of me after the gazebo incident. Maybe it was the guilt of sharing all of his information to his enemy. Maybe it was the guilt that Zachary literally wired me a load of money for putting Theo through this stressful situation.

After I regained my strength, I I avoided seeing Theodore around. Theo's sister, Blair begged me to attend the Singh's Thanksgiving dinner. So I waited on the doorsteps for the door to open.

The door swung open and it was Blair with a huge smile on her face.

"I made pie." I said cheerfully and she welcomed me in with a hug.

"That is great Amelia. I will just put it will all the other pies that my mom ordered." She said with a glint of humor in her eyes making me smile a little.

"Well there is enough to go around." Jasmine said embracing me with a tight hug. "I am so happy you are here. I sent an invite to your parents but there are busy as always." She said letting me go after a tight hug.

"Yeah, you know they are always working." I said scanning the room with my eyes. Jasmine then left to greet other guests at the door.

Blair walked up beside me, "He is hiding in his room." She whispered nudging me with her elbow.

Her eyes were focused on the front door and fixing her hair nervously.

"Expecting someone special?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Her eyes drift to the floor with a blush creeping onto her cheeks. She was dating a guy on the soccer team.

Miles walked in with his hand intertwined with Kayla through the front door.

I notice the shift in Blair's gaze to Miles holding Kayla's hand. He immediately dropped her hand and placed it on Kayla's hip.

"Blair, this is Kayla. My girlfriend." He said with a smile. I tilted my head to the side watching Kayla's reaction stiffen.

She hates it. Kayla never been the relationship kind of girl.

"Nice to meet you." Blair said with a smile.

Miles makes his ways to greet the rest of the family members while I stood by Kayla with a smirk.

"Girlfriend." I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Miles is cutie but like no. He definitely came up with that on his own." She said making us both burst into fits of laughter.

After chatting with the other guests and mingling, dinner was almost ready to be served. The Thanksgiving tradition is a sit down dinner with everyone in the main dining room.

We made our way to the seating chart and took a seat in our designated spots. My hearts skipped a beat when my eyes drifted to the name card next to me.

Aria and Shawn greeted us with a hug and sat across from us.

Relief flooded me when Theodore stepped out of the side door. Taking in his attire, he looked handsome. His black slacks paired with a black dress shirt. His hair is slicked back with gel.

"We were looking for you. You had poor Amelia worried sick." Miles said with a puppy frown. Theodore and I both glared at him.

After the toast, the first course started with a butternut squash bisque. We all eat the soup in silence. I wanted to acknowledge Theodore's presence but he looked distracted.

I slowly took a sip of my water feeling that my hands were clammy.

"I- I made pie." I said looking at him and he stopped putting the soup in his mouth midway.

"Can't wait to try it." He said quickly glancing over at me. He took his sip of water like this was dreadful. Maybe we took things far and this is how our friendship will be from now on. I don't even know if we were friends anymore. All he did was give me an orgasm or two. It can be meaningless.

The second course was served family style. The bowls with the Turkey, mashed potatoes, macaroni cheese, pasta, and stuffing being passed around.

"Cranberry sauce, please." Kayla said with joy. She scooped and plopped it on top of her plate, accidentally making the sauce fall onto Miles' shirt.

"Ohh, sorry babes." Kayla said as Miles got up to wipe his shirt with a napkin.

"Not my white shirt." He whined and he excused himself to the restroom.

"You did that on purpose." I said with a quick smile making Kayla laugh.

"I had to get rid of him somehow." She responded back making the both of us laugh.

"There goes another one. What will he do when you are gone?" Shawn said laughing making Aria and Kayla laugh as well. Theo's body quickly tensed beside me and his eyes grew cold.

"What do you mean gone?" I asked and Theodore suddenly put his utensils on his plate.

"I will tell you later, Lia." He said dismissively.

"Now." I hissed and he shook his head.

"Theo is working for Zack, now." Aria whispered making my eyes widened at her. Then, to Theo who is avoiding the gaze.

I excused myself to walk towards the open garden for air. This can't be happening.

"Amelia" I heard his voice behind me and tears welled up in my eyes.

"Is this why you've been ignoring me?" I asked and he sighed in defeat.

"I tried-," He said watching him trying to find the words. "I am trying to protect you. Zachary is a dangerous guy to work with so I had to avoid you." He said.

"Why are you working for him? Why would he need you ? He doesn't deserve you." I blurted out questions and made my statement.

Zachary is definitely using him as a chess piece and I feel the need to stop it. I felt the guilt riding in my chest. I was doing the same exact thing only for my benefit.

"I have to, Amelia. I had no choice." He said with a shaky breath and grabbing my shoulders to look at him.

"You always have a choice." I said sounding like a complete hypocrite.

"I did it for you. I had to save you, Amelia!. Even if it meant giving up everything for you, I would. "He said and I saw the tear slipped under his eyes.

I didn't deserve his loyalty when I stabbed him right in the back.

"Trust me. I will figure a way out of it. I worked with him before" He said embracing me with a tight hug when I nodded my head.

I inhaled his scent making me feel calm in his arms. I hope he does figure it out as I need to find a way out as well.

"Let's go back to the dinner." I said with a soft smile.