Chapter 12: Friends

Theo's P.O.V

I fixed my tie in the mirror looking through the mirror. My mom gave me a hug with a enormous smile.

"My charming son. Your dad and I are so proud of you" She said kissing me on the cheek. I smiled at her knowing this was a big milestone for the both of them.

My parents are hosting a charity ball using my mom's art pieces to auction off. I have been chosen as a speaker by the charity board to introduce my parents. My dad knows this will be a big debut into the business world.

"I'm going to go separately with my car, if that's alright?" I asked grabbing my suit jacket and checking my pockets to make sure I had everything.

"Why is that?" She asked giving me a fake glare making me chuckle. She knew the reason why already after I told my parents I was bringing Amelia to the event.

"Picking up Amelia." I said as we both exit my room. She gave me a nod of approval and I made my way.

I drove down the main road shaking my head at my grin. I felt a little weird being back to normal with our friendship.

She will be safe right by my side.

I walk down the carpet having paparazzi flash their cameras at us. I held Amelia's hand walking past the photographers.

I lead her to my parents with a smile on my face as they paused speaking to their collogues.

"Amelia, so wonderful to see you, again" My mom said placing a kiss on her cheek. My dad does the same with care. I watch how much my parents adore her making me smile at them.

"Where are your parents?" My dad asked.

"They should be here" She said as she blinked quickly looking away. I knew she was lying to them as they nodded and walked away.

"Why did you lie?" I whispered as she scanned the crowd giving me an uneasy look.

"I don't know" She said and my eyebrows moved closer in confusion.

"You don't know" I stated with a confused tone.

"Not here" She pleaded holding my hand as our friends passed by us.  We all greeted each other with a hug,  dividing into separate conversations.

"Stay alerted and make sure each member have close eyes on Amelia. Zachary and Harry are here with their families, too." I said giving Miles and Shawn a serious look.

The announcer signaled for everyone to take their seats. I looked at Amelia as she gave me a reassured smile before I made my way back stage,

Zachary walked up to me and gave me pat on the shoulder making my whole body tense.

"You know it would be nice to have the honor of introducing your dad" He said as I glared at him. I mover my shoulder out of his grip getting ready to walk out of the curtains.

"What the fuck are you still doing back here?" I asked waving at security to come by. They made their way to Zachary but he laughs.

He pulled out his phone handing it to me, I held one hand for the guards to stop shooing them away. I played the video having an unsteady feeling in my stomach.

"I agreed to work for you, again. Are you the coward that will keep using this to blackmail me for everything?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"I get the satisfaction from it. However, I will like to know how you plan to give up your gang." Zack said putting his phone away.

"Well, that is something the Razzi's will only know and since I am not apart of it, I don't know." I said giving him a shrug. I can tell by the tick of his jaw he was getting pissed off with no answers.

"Tell you what. Just like old times, I will be controlling your life, again. You work for me." He said and my face grew stone cold. "This video is ready to be broadcasted on every screen in this room." He said with a proud smirk.

It is like making a deal with the devil himself.

I quietly exit and made my way through the crowd ignoring the confused stares from my parents. I searched the crowd needing to find her and I felt relief finding her talking to Blair.

I came rushing and placed my hands firmly on her hips making Amelia giggle.

"I need to borrow her for a second." I said ignoring Blair's protest.

I intertwined my fingers along with Amelia searching for an exit. She laughed making me smile as we run up the staircase. Walking into the elevator, she smiles at me making my heart melt. I scanned my id card and hit the employee access.

"Where are we going?" She asked and I closed the distance in between us. Her arms finding their way around my neck.

"Somewhere away from the crowd. " I trailed off not understanding what I was doing? I needed to get out of that room for air.

"Just us." She smiled.

The elevator ding making her unwrap her arms from me and entering the floor. This floor was all the highest point of the building with a breathtaking view.

I opened the door to the balcony allowing Amelia to enter first and her eyes were amazed by the view. We can see the River that sparkled from the lights in the city.

I watched her rest her elbows against the railing of the balcony and leaned over to look down. Her smile growing wider when she looks back up to the River. I leaned my back on the railings turning my head to watch her eyes glow from light. A smile pulling at the end of my lips.

"You know that I missed you." I blurted out not realizing I was going to say something like that.

"I missed you, too." She replied back gently and rested her head on my shoulder looking at the view.

"Does this mean we are friends?" I asked feeling stupid to even ask the question. However, I was desperate to know.

"Yes" She said with a smile and I smiled back. A simple word can really change my mood.