Chapter 25: The One

Amelia's P.O.V

Boxes were everywhere and I didn't know where to begin. My sniffles remained after I forced myself to stop crying. My dad decided it would have been best if I moved in with him. At first I declined the offer, but after breaking up with Theodore I needed to be far away.

There were no questions asked from my dad when I showed up at his door in tears. He just understood what I needed. Hired movers to move my stuff out of my college apartment and requested the dean allowed me to finish my classes online. He was close friends with Miles' dad so the request was granted.

There was a soft knock at the door and I turned around to see Rose, my dad's fiancé, walking in with a smile.

"I am going to take Joseph out to the park. Do you need anything?" She asked with a soft smile. Rose has been generous letting me stay here.

"No, I am good. Thank you." I said with a soft smile. She walked up to me and gave my arm a soft squeeze. She pulled a card out and put in my hand.

"Worry about this stuff, later. Go and treat yourself to some ice cream. I know that would've made me feel better." Rose said and left before I can refuse.

I guess Rose was right as I tasted the warm brownie fudge. It was rich and the vanilla was creamy. I was people watching while eating my ice cream in the corner of the shop. The place was only filled with a couple and an old lady.

I guess this was a good fresh start for me. Things didn't end the way I wanted it but that was just life.

"Amelia?" I heard a voice asked in confusion. My eyes followed the voice to see Blair standing there with a chocolate ice cream cone in her hand.

"Blair!" I said excitedly and set down my sundae on the table to hug her. I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving, which was awfully a long time.

"Aren't you supposed to be back until the end of May?" Blair asked after she settled into the chair across from me. I was tapping my spoon on the side of my cup. There was so much I had to say but I couldn't spit out the words.  Like hey, I deceived your brother and fucked him. Then cried telling him I love him.

Even if we were close, she would always be Theodore's little sister.

"I am taking the week off and I needed to be home." I said with a small smile.

She ate her ice cream cone in silence. Blair was never silent about what she was thinking.

"How did you know he was the one?" She asked and I stared at her in shock not expecting a question like that.

I couldn't say he wasn't the one but in my heart I knew.

"Theodore made me realize that no matter how alone I felt, he was always there. Making me feel alive and never alone. All my problems didn't matter anymore and it was only us." I slowly said feeling a tight ache in my chest.

Blair was loss for words but her expression said it all.

"Do you think you found the one?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe." she shrugged her shoulders with a smile.

I lead the conversation into talking about her prom arrangements with her friends. Her date was a soccer player named Jason. She mentioned the latest high-school drama and her plans for graduation. She was graduating from high school in June and going to college soon.

"Congratulations on getting into Westward." I said with a big smile but she did not seem as excited.

"I am still looking at other options. Like CaraMicheal." Blair said with a high pithced voice. She always did that when she was nervous.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. "Theo told you not to go there." I said and she looked down at her cone. When she was applying to CaraMicheal, Thedore feared that if he was still linked to the gang, they would come after his sister.

"Well, it's not fair." She said taking a longer bite of her ice cream. "He is so controlling." Blair said. and I let out a weak smile.

"Whatever you feel is the right thing to do." I said softly.

We finished the ice cream and threw out our trash on our way out.

"Come on, I will give you a ride home." I said and Blair's feet followed beside me.

I unlocked my car to get into but raised my head when I hear a loud scream. Beforemy eyes can process what I saw, I felt a hand over my mouth.

"One word and we slice her neck." I heard the rough voice behind me. My body stiffened from the way the other guy was holding Blair. A knife to her throat and tears spilling out of her eyes.

They threw us both into a van and the smell of it made me nauseous.

"Please, don't hurt us." Blair cried and I tried to search for my phone. We needed to call for help while we still can.

"Arms up, Amelia." The guy barked in my face. I protested until he pulled out his gun. My heart was beating against my chest and fear raised in me.

He tugged rope over my wrists which made me wince from the rope burns. I watched as they did the same to Blair. Blair was in tears and I was ready to throw up.

"What do you want from us?" I asked kicking the back of the guys chair.

"Oh, the both of you are in for a show." He said and I felt light headed drifting away into a slumber.