Chapter 1: Making a Deal with the Devil

Warning: This book contains drugs, alcohol abuse and content for a mature audience. Please read with caution. Everything is fictional and not based on a true story. Thank you. 

Amelia's P.O.V

I never thought things will go so far. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from enemies.

I was a sweetheart to the public eye. Always smiling and nodding my head. Living in a perfect world that never revealed my broken home.

I was hanging on by a thread and desperate for money. I haven't seen my mom in months after she checked into rehab for her drinking problem. In the middle of a divorce, my dad hired great lawyers to selfishly take everything away. Except his daughter.

So, I am at this party. Struggling to afford my way through CaraMicheal University in Seattle, Washington. The prestigious private college that only allows the highest society of families. Everyone has some kind of baggage here and needs an outlet. 

I squeezed Aria's hand wiggling our ways through sweaty bodies. The strobe lights made it harder to see people in front of us. An angel wing smacked my face making me irritated at this insane crowd. Music vibrating against the walls and people screaming lyrics over the music.  Finally we got to the kitchen and grabbed the tequila bottle to make our drinks .

People throwing their parents' money around like nothing. Rich parents send their kids to private school hoping this will make their future better. Respectfully, we kill our brain cells and expect our parents to clean up the mess.

Aria begins to pour shots for everyone in the kitchen. Aria Colton, my best friend since high school and roommate. Everyone admired how she was dedicated and hardworking. She does anything her heart wants to achieve. She has been dating Shawn since the summer before college.

I felt my devil's tail being grabbed by someone making my curiosity get the best of me. I glared into their eyes to see the guy lazily dangling a small bag of white substance in my face.

"Wanna try some, beautiful." He whispered in my ear. I locked eyes with him to reject his kind offer.

Before I can open my mouth, the bag went flying to the floor.

"She doesn't want your cheap ass coke." He said coldly making the guy stand up straight and creating a distance between us.

"Sorry man, I didn't mean it. I was joking" The guy said nervously. He scrambled to grab his stuff and vanished into the crowd.

My former best friend, Theodore Singh. We had a fallout right before our senior semester started. The last time we spoke was in the summer before he ruined everything.

My eyes met his cold stare leaving us cornered in the kitchen. I was leaning against the counter feeling it stab my lower back. I wanted to be far away from him.

"What if I wanted to have a little of it." I said blankly and matching the scowl on his face.

"It could have been laced with fentanyl and you would've been dead." His bluntness made me straighten myself back. I bite the inner corner of my cheeks thinking who the fuck does he think he is?

"You would've love the idea of that." I said bitterly watching the way his jaw clenched to my cold words.

"No. I am doing you a favor of saving your time with a crackhead like that. So you should thank me, Lia." Theo said making my body stiffen at his nickname for me.

"Don't call me that." I hissed shoving myself away from him and ignoring how goosebumps formed where my arms brushed against him.

I joined the dance floor with my other friend ,Kayla, who was dancing with her new side piece.