...1...

Today we had school, so I put my books in my bag and set out to Peter's house. It was only like a 20 minute walk; after that we walked to school together. I was running a little late, therefore I was almost sprinting through the sidewalk. To the other people I must look like a crackhead. A crackhead wearing prada shoes.

I was the best dressed in school. Although I don't mind going to that school, I don't want anyone that is not Peter talking to me like they are my friends. I just look unapproachable.

I was finally on Peter's porch. I just opened the door, not bothering to knock. Uncle Ben was sitting at the table, reading The Daily Bugle. He looked up from his paper when he heard the door open.

"Hey, Sunshine." He greeted me, already used to me always being here. He looked at his watch. "You are three minutes later than usual. Had me thinking something happened to you."

I smiled and grabbed an orange that was sitting in a bowl. "I could never leave you guys alone. I guess you are stuck with me forever." I shrugged and handed the orange to Peter as soon as he walked down his stairs.

"Thank you." He said as he grabbed it and waved goodbye to Uncle Ben. I stepped out first outside, Peter following behind.

We now walked calmly, not needing to be early since we were together. I slowed down my pace to be next to him.I didn't even have to think where we were going since the route is stamped into my brain. I could let my mind wander into other thoughts, like how cute Peter looked carrying his skateboard.

"Can I ride your skateboard?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

He put it on the floor and extended his hands. "Hop on."

I stepped onto the board and grabbed his hands to not fall. I am horrible at skateboarding, but Peter usually holds my hands and guides me. The only time he let me go, I had to go to the hospital and get stitches on my forehead. Now, I am only allowed to skateboard if he's with me.

Peter, being the asshole that he is, decided to let go of my hands for a moment. I squealed and threw myself forward to grab his hands. Instead of gaining my balance, I fell. I closed my eyes to brace myself for impact, but the impact never came. I opened my eyes and Peter was laughing with me in his arms.

I scowled at him and stood up straight. He wouldn't stop laughing so I smacked him in the arm. He winced and grabbed his arm.

"What was that for?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I caught you before you hit the ground."

I rolled my eyes. "You were the reason I fell, asshat."

He laughed at my comment and grabbed the skateboard from the floor. He slung his arm around my shoulder and we continued walking into school. "I'm sorry, Chels." He apologized, but there was no remorse in his voice.

We strutted to class. We had every class together, I made sure of it. I was horrible at school so Peter always had to tutor me. The least I could do was make sure he didn't have to understand another class.

On the way, the principal called Peter's attention for his skateboard. I had to bite my lip to not laugh. Peter pulled my hair in revenge, but I guess I deserve it.

We were by my locker when Flash came over. I hated Flash because he is always messing with Peter. He is so stupid; I don't know why he is so popular in this school.

"Hey, Castillo." He said with a smirk. He leaned on the locker next to me. Peter was standing beside me. Flash nodded towards Peter. "Are you still with this loser? You should leave him and go to prom with me."

"No thank you, Flash." I replied, annoyed. "Just leave me alone." I grabbed Peter's hand and advanced to the courtyard. It was lunch now.

I always packed us sandwiches because I don't like what they serve here and I'm not going to let Peter eat that crappy food. I opened my bag and pulled out our bowls. Mine was pink and Peter's was blue.

He snatched it out of my hand and started eating. "Thanks." He said with his mouth full.

Then, students started cramming in a circle, but Peter was so focused on eating that he didn't notice. I tapped his arm nervously.

He finally saw what was happening and stood up, I followed behind him. We pushed our way to the front and there was Flash holding a kid by his ankles while smashing his face in food. I opened my mouth and grabbed Peter's arm; he looked so mad. He patted my hand and walked towards Flash.

Flash was saying "Eat it." The kid looked terrified.

"Don't eat it." Peter said. I couldn't hear what they were saying because I was so terrified for Peter.

Flash punched Peter and I couldn't help it and ran towards him. "Peter!" I screamed and pushed Flash back. "You are such a dick. Just leave him alone."

Flash pouted in a mean way. "Awe, look, she's protecting her pathetic boyfriend."

I groaned and helped Peter stand up. "We are leaving." I got close to Flash and in a whisper I said, "Lay your hand on him again and I will ruin you, Flash."

Peter was standing up, holding his face when I grabbed his hand and walked away from the school. We were leaving early today because I decided to.

"Where are we going?" Peter asked as he winced while he talked.

"To my apartment." I answered simply, still mad.

"Okay." He knew better than to argue right now. I wanted to kill Flash.

We ended up at my apartment and went directly to my room. I threw myself on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I sat up and looked at Peter, who was sitting at my vanity examining his face.

"I should clean your face." I muttered, entering my bathroom. He entered after me. "Sit on the counter." I ordered and he obliged.

I stood in between his legs with a bandaid. He just had a small cut from the right hook Flash managed to get on his face. I rubbed it with some alcohol.

Peter put his hands on my waist, maybe to balance himself. My breath hitched but I managed to take a deep breath after a while. I caught his gaze and his eyes are so beautiful. The richest shade of brown that looks like chocolate.

I put on the bandage but I didn't move from the position we were in. I could feel his breath on my face, it was warm and curiously smelled like orange still.

I was startled when he kissed my cheek and whispered a small "Thanks.". I cleared my throat and stood there for a moment. I finally walked out of the bathroom to my room.

"I'm gonna get ready for my party soon." I informed him with a small smile.

He nodded. I hated how awkward this was. "Yeah, I should probably start getting ready soon, too." He said and grabbed his bag. "I'll come here in like an hour and a half."

"Okay." I said and walked him to the door. "Hey, Peter-" I interrupted before he left through the elevator. "What you did today for that kid was amazing."

He chuckled, a little embarrassed. "Bullies like Flash shouldn't get away with stuff like that." He said it like it was no big deal. "You were great, too. When you pushed him. What did you whisper in his ear?"

I giggled. "Don't worry about it." I brushed him off. "But if he ever touches you or speaks to you in the wrong way, tell me."

Peter nodded. "Will do, boss." He stepped into the elevator and waved at me. I waved back.

When it closed I let out a breath. This man is going to kill me.