...2...

I smoothed out my dress and stared at myself in the mirror. I was ready for my party and Peter still wasn't here. Maybe the bathroom thing scared him off. I hope it didn't.

People were going to start to arrive in 30 minutes and I needed Peter here. I decided to call him. The phone rang for a few seconds before he answered.

"Chels, hello?" He answered, sounding confused because if I need anything from him, I just show up at his house.

"Peter." I groaned. "My party starts in 27 minutes. Just get here, please."

He audibly gasped and something hit the floor on the other side. "Shit, I am on my way now. I'll be there in 20."

"Thanks, bye." I hung up the call.

Peter is never late with me; maybe Uncle Ben needed something. I paced around my room, trying to figure out what else my party needed.

I walked into the living room and dining room- where most of the party would take place. I felt like it needed something, but couldn't put my finger on what. Then it hit me, the cake was in the fridge. I took it out and placed it on the table.

It was a beautiful pink buttercream, my favorite color. I went with Peter to pick it out and he insisted that I should get chocolate cake, so chocolate cake I got. It had happy birthday written on it in darker pink.

Peter said he'd be here in 5 minutes now, so I sat on my sofa to wait. I was very careful to not wrinkle my new dress that mother bought me for today. My mom and dad are working right now, they won't be a bother.

A few minutes later, Peter walked in holding a bag. I stood up immediately and hugged him. He patted my back and I separated from him.

He had a guilty smile on his face. "I am so sorry I'm late. Uncle Ben told me to clean the basement and I found some files about my dad's experiment. I was doing research."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "It's fine." I muttered and we sat on my sofa. He held out the bag for me to open. I opened my eyes wide. "Another one,P?" He had already gotten me a beautiful necklace with different colered stones.

He shrugged and smiled. "This one if from Aunt May and Uncle Ben." He informed me and my heart melted. "Ben's exact words were: It's my favorite niece's birthday, I had to get her something."

I smiled as widely as I could, this was so cute. I ripped out the tissue paper that was decorating the bag. Inside, the bag held a heart-shaped box. It was velvety and pink. I lifted the lid and there was a small mirror and a photo of Peter and I pinned to the lid. It was a jewelry holder.

I was actually speechless. "This is amazing. I have to thank them as soon as possible." I jogged to my room and set it on my vanity. It was next to the bulletin board with some photos of Peter, me, and other people.

We sat on the sofa for an hour, waiting for someone to show up. My phone got a notification, a text from someone. I opened it next to Peter, knowing that he was as curious as me.

The text was from Flash. A photo of him and all of the people I invited in a club. I sighed and closed my eyes.

This can't be happening.

I wanted to cry, this is so embarrassing. I felt Peter's hand on my hair, dragging his fingers through it. I leaned into his chest softly, tears filling my eyes.

"Shh, it's okay." He whispered as my tears fell a little faster. "Let's go to your room and watch a movie. We can eat the cake we bought."

I nodded and stood up. He pointed to my room, meaning that he would get the cake and I could go get changed. I walked into my bathroom and put on my blue and white button pajamas.