...14...

I waited in front of the ice cream cart for Peter, who told me he would get here an hour ago. My patience was wearing thin, seeing as he didn't answer my call or texts. I looked around through the crowd that were in different shops, but I couldn't spot him.

He wouldn't leave me stranded here. I would like to think that something happened to him, but I spoke with May a few minutes ago and she reassured me that she knew nothing of the sort. I felt ridiculous standing here.

Five more minutes passed, when I decided it was enough. I held my purse to my body, and started walking away from our meeting spot. I was not sad, just angry. The attitude that he has had these few days is annoying me.

Just as I was pushing my way through the crowd, a hand grabbed my arm. I knew who it was before turning to face him.

"Wait, babe, let me explain." Peter said desperately, while trying to pull me aside to speak.

I yanked my arm from him. "No, Peter! I've been here an hour and 15 minutes waiting for you."

"I know. I'm sorry." He whined. "I went to visit Harry Osborn."

"And you couldn't even send a text?!" I asked, becoming madder by the second. "You know, we need to talk."

Peter looked at me with confusion. "About what?"

I rolled my eyes. "About me moving to Italy and what that means for our relationship."

"I don't want to talk about it." He said under his breath.

"Too bad. Let's go and talk about it now." I ordered, but he wasn't paying attention.

Peter looked into the distance, towards time square. In less than a second, he wasn't next to me anymore. His bag and clothes were left on the floor. I groaned and picked his stuff up, following him wherever his Peter tingle took him.

He was on top of a car, next to the big screens. A man that seemed to be blue was standing in the middle with his hands up. He looked genuinely scared, his hands up. I recognized him, but with his hood up I couldn't tell who he was.

Some chatter was made by Peter, obviously trying to distract the man. He had gained an audience,spectators stopping to watch from every direction. Police started arriving on the scene, everyone pointing their guns at the man.

When blue turned to look at the crowd, I knew where I'd known him from. "Max?" I shouted at him, getting his attention. "What happened?"

"I don't know." He said, his voice was wobbly. "I don't want to hurt anyone."

I nodded in agreement and glanced at Peter, who was already prepared in case anything happened. "It's okay, Max. We believe you. Right, Spidey?"

Spider-man nodded and continued talking to him. The police stood down,until they didn't. A shot was fired, and that was the beginning of the chaos.

Electricity was fired from Max's body. All of the admirers started screaming and running, except me. I stayed right where I was. I closed my eyes for what felt like 30 minutes. Until, I was swept from my feet, swinging through the building.

Peter gripped my waist as I wrapped my legs around his torso. I couldn't help the squeal that left my mouth.

"Fuck! Shit! Spider-man!" Was all I could say before I put my feet on solid ground. When I opened my eyes, I saw that we were on top of the Empire State building.

I was going to separate from Peter, but I was so high up that I held on to him harder.

He chuckled and took off his mask. "You okay there?"

I cleared my throat. "Of course." I lied right through my teeth. "It's just a bit high up." Peter laughed. "You still owe me a conversation, P."

He shut his eyes for a moment. "How about tomorrow? You can sleep over and we will talk first thing in the morning."

"Fine." I muttered and leaned into him. He kissed my forehead while I looked at the starless sky of New York.