...7...

New York is a city of wonders. Some things are weirder than others. Recently, there has been a man that dresses in a spandex suit and fights crime, and I have reason to believe that that is Peter.

Firstly, he has been coming to school with bruises and scabs. This is not normal for him, seeing as the only athletic thing he does is skateboard and is so good at it that he doesn't get hurt.

I think that the sticky problem we encountered a few days ago was only the beginning for the powers that he later would accumulate.

Peter had also been working a lot at Oscorp. He talks my ear off about how Dr. Connors figured out a way for humans to regenerate if they get injected with lizard DNA. He could be talking french, because I don't understand anything he explains about this experiment, despite his many tries to dumb it down.

Today my family invited him for dinner. My dad was probably guilty about our conversation the other day, and decided to be extra nice.

I texted Peter to tell him about the invitation.

Dad wants you to come to dinner. Are you up for it?

Yes! Tell him to make steak, pls. I have something important to tell you.

That is on the menu for tonight!! See you soon. And dress a little fancy.

Will do. ;)

Once I knew he was coming, I dressed prettier than usual. Not that I have to impress him, because Peter has seen me crying my eyes out on the sidewalk while eating a croissant. I just like to put a little effort when it's dinner.

My father has been careful around me. He hasn't said anything to piss me off, or left any suspicious files around the house. This makes me proud that I was able to scare him that much.

I was planning on confronting Peter about my suspicions on Spider-man. I know that he will most probably deny everything, but I have a feeling that he is that man. People are loving the vigilantly, I personally don't love or hate him. I'm mostly neutral on the situation.

I don't love the idea of Peter doing something so dangerous. He could get hurt, and I hate seeing him hurt. I have blackmailed many people so that they leave Peter alone. I would do anything to protect him, even becoming a superhero myself.

I was calmly applying some lipstick, when I heard a knock on my window. I snapped my head towards it and Peter was there, smiling. I was extremely confused, but opened it for him. He was wearing a t-shirt and some jeans, so much for dressing fancy.

"We have a front door, Peter." I giggle as he enters and drops his bag next to my bed. "It works perfectly."

He shrugged. "I used the fire escape."

I pursed my lips at the words. "This window doesn't lead to the fire escape."

He tried to not show his reaction, so he ended up scratching the back of his neck. "What?" He extended the A for a few seconds.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored his stupidity. He started to speak again. "I have to tell you something." Peter paused for a moment and continued. "I am-"

I cut him off. "I know. You are spi-"

My door opened and my mom smiled when she saw him. "Peter, honey, didn't see you come in."

He smiled slowly. "How are you Mrs. Castillo?"

"I am good. How about you?" She asked, a frown on her lips.

"I am getting better." He said in a low voice. "Gotta take it one day at a time."

She nodded, approval written all over her face. "I came to tell you that dinner is ready. Please come to the table."

"We will finish this conversation later." I whispered to him as we walked out. He nodded.

My dad was waiting for us at the table, a smile on his face. The smile didn't reach his eyes, letting me know that it was fake. The table was filled with food. Steak, potatoes, and green beans with bacon and onions.

Peter licked his lips and pulled out a chair for me to sit down. I thanked him and got comfortable on the chair.

Everyone started putting some food on their plates. I cut my steak in half and gave the other piece to Pete. I wasn't that much of a fan of it, and he loved it.

"How was school today?" My mom asked, an expectant expression towards us.

"It was fine." Peter answered for both of us. "Flash has stopped bothering us for the most part."

I nodded. "Yeah, he apologized for everything."

"Is Flash that kid you dated? Eugine?" My dad asked. "You know, I rather liked that boy. What a shame that he's so mean."

"Yeah." I answered and put my lips in a fine line. Him saying that made me want to stop talking.

This turned rather awkwards, because nobody was making an effort to make conversation.

"So, Peter, I have seen you around Oscorp." My dad said and Peter smirked. "You are working with Connors, correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"That's great, son." My dad nodded his head, proudly. I hated this.

I knew about the file, and asked myself if he had more like that about me, my mom, or any other person I have come in contact with.

A phone rang, my mom looked at us, because phones are not allowed at the dinner table. It wasn't my phone, nor Peter so we just shook our heads.

My father picked up his work phone. "What?" He said harshly into the phone. "No, no. Tell him that the human testing has to start now. The boss is asking for it." He gave a long sigh. "Okay." He hung.

My mother was angry. Her brown eyes were squinted at the direction of my father. "No phones at the table."

He rolled his eyes and put his cell back in his pocket. "Sure, honey."

Both Peter and I had finished eating, we were just waiting for them to finish. When I noticed that they were talking among each other and it would probably be some time before we could leave, I decided I was bored.

"May we be excused?" I asked, and stood up before the answer.

My mother nodded and brushed us off. I was desperate to get out of there, so I grabbed Peter's hand and pulled him towards the elevator.

"We are going to the roof." I informed and hopped into the elevator. As soon as we were inside, we started laughing. "Okay, so what did you want to tell me?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

We stepped off onto the rooftop. The waterproof couches were not in use, so I sat there.

Peter cleared his throat before revealing his news. "You know the guy that is amazing and fights crime. Spider-man?" He asked and I nodded along. "I am spider-man."

I shrugged. "I already knew." I was so glad that he told me. "I mean, it was obvious."

He shook his head, a shocked expression on his face. "But- How- How did you notice?"

"You come home hurt, and I can recognize you in the videos of spider-man. I've known you my whole life, of course I can identify you."

"Chels," He said, his voice was raspy. "You can't tell anyone." He grabbed my hand. "Promise me."

I nodded, looking at him and the new bruise under his eye. "I promise, P. It won't leave my mouth."

"Good." He whispered and looked at me. "Do you remember when we were 12 and I promised I would protect you forever?" His eyes were sparkling with nostalgia.

"Of course I do, Peter." I sighed. "How could I forget?"

"Now, I'm a superhero that can do just that."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "God, Peter, I love you."

He put his head on my shoulder and looked up at the star. "I love you, Chelsea."

I have to stop getting so queasy every time he speaks to me. It is a serious problem. He can cuss me out and I will still take in his every word like he was saying it with love.