Chapter 1

"Stay here y/n!" Tony shouted to you, gearing up and joining the other Avengers.

"No! I want to help!" You were frustrated; every time they had a mission, they left you behind. The compound was nice and all but it got boring wandering around it alone every day, wondering who was coming after the Avengers now and worse, who would walk back through the door in the end.

You don't remember much from your childhood, all you remember was being passed onto Tony one day and that was the last you ever saw of your old home. He became your father figure, an annoying, sarcastic father figure.

"NO! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS" With that the group left the building and you were alone once again, forced to do nothing but stare out the window and watch the wreckage from above.

"Tony fucking Stark" you muttered under your breath, pacing the room in anger.

"I'm responsible enough.

I understand the dangers, probably better than some people out there fighting now.."

God it angered you so much, still being treated like a child by a man who played with metal for a living and his only friend was a bloody talking artificial intelligence system!

----------

It had been a few hours and you had heard nothing from anyone. There had been faint crashes and screaming in the distance but you were too high up to know where they were coming from.

Down below, fire and destruction filled your vision. Occasionally you had seen something fly past but for the last hour, there had been nothing.

Every time this happened you began to worry; no matter how much the group annoyed you, they were all you had and unfortunately, you cared about them.

"I swear if anything happ-" your words were cut off by a crackling sound coming from the table. Hastily, you walked up to it and saw a tiny earpiece sitting on the corner, a spare.

You lifted it to your ear and waited. "They're too strong!" On the other end you heard Nat's voice glitch, she sounded beat.

"We've got to keep fighting!" Cap's voice came next followed by Tony's "agreed. If we leave now, they'll destroy everything!"

The earpiece went silent and so did your thoughts. Before long, you found yourself gearing up and heading out the door with the earpiece still on. You gave up waiting, you were sick of being an observer.

You had been one your entire life, even in the Avengers you never really felt like you fit in.

The ground was covered in ash and debris and now you could properly see the destruction that had occured; buildings had been struck, glass shattered everywhere, fire and smoke filled the rooms. Bodies after bodies were scattered around the street as you walked by.

As harsh as it may be, you didn't care much for society- the world was shit and so were the people in it. You walked past the corpses like they were nothing, recognizing one or two of the faces.

Bloody wars. You rolled your eyes.

You always wanted to help the Avengers on missions mostly so you could be of use to someone. Of course it was nice when you could help people but most of the time they turned against you later down the line- you saw that from Tony and the others.

You help them as many times as possible but you make one tiny mistake and that's what they'll remember for life, and that's what they'll hold you to and constantly remind you of.

At last you could see fighting ahead. Tony and his winged buddy flew above while Shreks steroid taking father jumped from building to building.

This, this is what you missed out on every time.

"Y/N! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Cap's voice rung through your ear as he ran towards you simultaneously playing Frisbee with the enemies.

"You need help" your blunt response frustrated him a little "guys I've got y/n here" you had almost forgotten about the earpiece until it went off, reciting what Cap just said. "WAIT WHAT?!" Tony sounded mad, mad.

"Hi guys.." You spoke through the earpiece for the first time resulting in a shocked expression from Steve. "Y/n you need to go back inside" Nat tried to sound firm but she must've been in the middle of a fight because she was out of breath and kept cutting out.

"No I'm staying h-" before you could finish your sentence you felt a metal suit land on your body and fly you into the sky. "I have been instructed to take you home" Jarvis's voice rung from inside the suit.

"PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW! I CAN FIGHT" nothing. You turned your head back towards the fight and for a quick second, you saw Wanda emerge from behind a car and a flash of red before you found yourself inside the compound once again.