Chapter 31

You pulled up to the compound where Steve was standing outside.
"Why the long face? Let me guess, he turned into a baby" Tony rolled down the window as Steve let out a sigh of defeat.

"Among other things, yeah. What are you both doing here?" He looked through the car window to where you sat beside Tony. You gave him a smile, getting out the car.
"I fixed it" Tony held up his hand to show Steve what he had made. Cap's face instantly lit up as he realized why you had came.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to, at all costs... And maybe not die trying, would be nice" you all laughed, walking inside to greet the others.

"Where's Thor and Clint?" Tony asked as you walked through the building. "Nat, Bruce and Rocket have gone to get them. Hopefully they'll say yes".
You looked at Steve with a confused expression "Rocket?"

"The raccoon..." This entire time you had been working alongside a raccoon only to now find out he actually had a name?!

--------------

You and the others had been working for hours, building suits and the machine itself. You had learned so much in such a short amount of time.

At last you heard the others come back. You walked over to the hallway to see a rather large version of Thor come stumbling down with a beer in his hand.

"Jesus Christ! What the hell happened to you?!" He wore sunglasses to presumably hide his intoxicated eyes and his hair had grown almost to the middle of his back. He looked a mess.

"H-hey! There's my favorite M-Midgaurdian!" He bumped into you, pulling you into a hug so tight you struggled to breathe.

"O-okay big fella. Good to s-see you too. You...can let go... Now" he broke his grip as you gasped for air, he had seriously let himself go.

You had only managed to say a quick hi to Clint before they began experimenting on him, sending him through the time machine like some guinea pig. You weren't happy with the idea, offering yourself to go instead, but you had been majorly outvoted.

"Guys!" Bruce called out as you heard the machine whirl and light up. All of you went rushing over to it to see Clint on his hands and knees panting.

"Hey, hey are you ok?" Nat helped him to his feet, brushing his shoulder.
"It worked" Clint whispered as he held up a baseball glove to you all, waving it around in triumph "it worked!"

*hours later*

"Alright we have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot" the sun was setting as you all suited up. You had all been assigned a partner and a stone to collect. No arguments.

You made your way up to the machine as Steve gave his leaderly speech.
"Five years ago we lost, all of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves... Today we have a chance to take it all back" you all gathered in a circle, gearing the final parts of your suits up.

"You know your teams, you know your missions; get the stones, get them back" you all placed your fists in the middle like something from a superhero movie.

"One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful, look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win... Whatever it takes. Good luck" he looked at Tony, then to the rest of you.

You took a deep breath as Bruce walked to the center, clicking the button on his wrist. "See you in a minute" Nat smiled and all of a sudden the ground beneath you dropped.