Chapter 21

*the Avengers compound*

"How long do you think they'll be gone for?" The group were sitting round the table together, talking and eating when the TV interrupted.

"Breaking news! A ship appeared at a motel down in Manhattan just minutes ago. Reports are coming in that two Avengers (yet to be identified) are said to be getting kidnapped and taken onto the ship as we speak. We don't know if or how many more are involved but we do know the ship is about to take off".

The group fell silent "please don't let that be them" Wanda muttered beneath her breath knowing full well it was you and Bucky.
"They'll be ok. They know what they're doing" Tony sighed, trying to put on a calm front but inside he was terrified.

"They're not picking up" Steve's voice was shaky as he placed his phone on the table- he was not prepared to lose his two closest friends.

-----------

*back on the ship*

Although you couldn't see anything, all your other senses were still there- heightened. You had felt the ship take off and you had heard many people walking past, whispering and hitting things.

"Bucky?!" You yelled his name but instantly felt a hand slap you across the face "shut it".

You had no idea where Bucky was, or what kind of state he was in. You prayed that they hadn't tortured him again or turned him back to the Winter Soldier; he didn't deserve to go through that again and frankly, you weren't sure if you would be able to bring him back this time.

A little while later, a man came and yanked the cover off your head and you were finally able to see your surroundings. You were on a ship filled with trunks, parachutes and confidential HYDRA equipment, there were many soldiers all staring at you and Buck was sitting there opposite, glaring at each and every one of them.

"Ah glad to see you with us" a man, who looked oddly familiar, came walking up to you both, stopping dead in the middle. "The names Rumlow" he smirked, staring you both down. You had heard that name before, being mentioned by people like Fury.

"What do you want" Buck hoarsly spoke, not moving an inch. "Well... you, of course" Rumlow laughed in your face walking up to a soldier and taking a small device. "We need your powers, y/n. And you're going to give it to us" you looked at Bucky in both confusion and fear, what the hell did he mean?

"You see this" he held the device up high for you both to see "this is just a fraction of what's on this ship. If you use your powers at any point whilst on board, it'll instantly be transferred to us" he flashed a wicked smile, setting the device down. He moved closer to you, leaning as close to your face as possible, "all we have to do, is get you to use your magic y/n" his finger brushed your hair and trailed down your face causing Bucky to twitch slightly.

"Good thing we know how to do that" he let go, moving back to the soldier. He handed Rumlow the same red book that Zemo had, the one with the black star. "No" you breathed, nerves building up like crazy.

You glanced over at Bucky who hadn't said a single word- he was just sitting there, staring at Rumlow but behind his eyes you could see the fear, the flashbacks he was having.

"Don't bring him into this" you pleaded with Rumlow as he grew closer to Buck "too late" he opened it and began reading the words "Longing" Bucky began to twist ever so slightly, his head falling back trying to fight it. "Rusted".

"Don't." He spoke at last, just barely above a whisper. "Furnace". "STOP! LEAVE HIM ALONE" You screamed trying desperately to break free. "Daybreak" Bucky let out a gut wrenching cry as he began to shake violently. "PLEASE! I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT" Rumlow looked at you and simply smiled "I know".

"Seventeen, Beni-" you had no choice, you used your powers to break free and throw Rumlow across the ship. The book flew out of his hand and off the ship. Almost instantaneously, your body collapsed in front of Bucky as you felt part of yourself get drained. You watched a little of your magic get taken into the machine causing the most horrendous noise you had ever heard.

"Don't give into them y/n. Whatever happens to me, you can't let them take it" Bucky whispered as you were just able to break him free. Rumlow turned to face you, grinning "told you. Let's try again" he nodded at the soldiers as they instantly advanced towards you and Buck.

You got to your feet and began fighting with them all. You used what combat skills you had been taught by Nat and Steve while Buck was somewhere on the other side of the ship. You grabbed one of the guns that lay with a soldier's unconscious body and began shooting pretty much anything that moved.

Explosions started up- grenades being thrown and bullets hitting barrels of God knows what.

"I really hate you guys" you groaned, getting hit by about three of the fuckers.
"Y/N!" You heard Bucky shout and you spun around to see Rumlow dangling him over the side of the ship "Rumlow! Don't!" you ran over to them but he held his hand out for you to stop. You had no choice but to oblige.

"Use your powers- save him"

"Don't do it y/n!"

God it was like the angel and devil on your shoulders fighting together. "Do it or I drop him!" He let Bucky slip a fraction as you started forward.

"I won't let you have it!" Rumlow's smile dropped, he hadn't expected you to say no. "Very well" he frowned and his hand released.

Bucky fell, reaching out for you "BUCKY! NO!" You frantically looked around and grabbed the nearest parachute, jumping off after him.

You were both falling, things hitting you on your way down. Pieces of material and burnt scraps filled your vision.
The wind raced passed you as you closed in on him, you reached out your hand.

You were just able to grab onto him, spinning violently in the sky. You went for your parachute but it wouldn't open, and you had no emergency one miraculously attached to you.

You had no choice but to accept whatever happened "I'm sorry Buc-" your bodies crashed into water down below and the impact made your body go limp. You felt yourself sinking to the bottom until Bucky's arms wrapped around you, pulling you up.

He swam to the nearest part of land, dragging your body out of the water. "Come on doll, stay with me" he placed his ear to your mouth for any sign of breathing.

You jumped, spluttering water from your mouth. Bucky sighed in relief, hugging you tight. He lifted you up "come on, let's go" and began helping you walk to shelter.
He panted weakly "never do that again".

"say's y-you".