Chapter's 3,4 & 5

Bucky's eyes worked their way around the table until they laid upon you. Bucky stopped dead as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

You had never met this man in your life but just looking at him gave you a weird feeling. He was a good looking man; pure blue eyes, a charming smile and your favorite feature of a man- long, well kept hair.

"Hi" that's all he said, but it was enough. The more you stared at the man, the stronger the sensation got, until you felt a throbbing pain in your head. You snapped your head away from Bucky and took a sip of water- what the hell was going on?

After a minute you realized no one had said a word. Your eyes darted around the table for some sign of life but everyone seemed to be transfixed on you and Bucky.

It was too awkward to bare, you felt sorry for the man, no one was welcoming him.
"God, you guys are pleasant" you rolled your eyes and stood up. "I'm y/n, good to have you here" you reached out your hand flashing a quick smile at Bucky.

He looked from you to your hand and hesitantly reached for it. His hand touched yours and all of a sudden the pain in your head came back, only this time more powerful.

Your hand gripped his while the other steadied yourself against the table. Shutting your eyes to try and relieve the pain, a flash of colours came and went in a matter of seconds.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" Tony's hand landed on your back as he helped you sit back down. "Yeah, I'm fine" you opened your eyes, coming back to life and the pain went just as quick as it came.

The meeting was later spent finally welcoming Bucky into the team and discussing boring shit that you wish you had just slept through.

Every now and then you glanced over at Bucky in curiosity but each time, you found him already looking at you. He hadn't spoken much throughout the meeting and he had taken a seat in the far corner of the table.

He seemed the type to keep to himself a lot and only speak if necessary, which you didn't mind at all; it was a nice change from living with the rest of them who done nothing but talk.

"Well in celebration of our new official member... Party at mine, tonight 7:00pm, be there" Tony walked out of the room, ending the meeting. Everyone left the room, except Bucky. You got up and gave him one last look before leaving.

Bucky opened his mouth as if to say something but shut it quickly before darting his eyes to the floor. With that, you left the room and got ready for the party.

*hours later, at Tony's party*

"Hey y/n! Have a drink" Nat pulled you into the living room, handing you a glass and pouring some colourful liquid inside. "Thanks Nat" you smiled, taking the drink from her.

The place was lit up and decorated with minor party attire, of course Tony had working suits and robots moving around to aid people. You could see Steve and Tony talking in the corner while Bruce was managing the bar, and you could hear Thor's laughter booming from the other end of the room- you were pretty confident everyone could hear him.

There were a few other people that you didn't recognize and some (like Wanda and Vision) who hadn't turned up yet or were in a different room. Sitting in the corner with a bottle in his hand was Bucky, you weren't entirely sure if he would show up but there he was.

Again, you had that feeling like you had seen him before somewhere but it was impossible- you were pretty sure you would remember a handsome man with a metal arm.

He looked lonely so you walked up to him and pulled up a chair "hey" he lifted his head to look at you "oh hey" you weren't quite sure if he was trying to smile or avoid you but either way you sat beside him and started talking.