Chapter 2

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" Not long after being sent home, Tony and the rest of the team stormed through the door.

"YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN HURT OR KILLED!" You had never really seen Tony this angry before, it was a little intimidating.

"That's a bit extreme." His eyes glared at yours and for a moment you thought he was going to hit you.

"A bit extreme?! A bit- do you know what was out there? Do you know what we were even fighting?! No! Because we kept you up here for a reason! One wrong move and you could've been shot, stabbed, trampled on, squashed, turned to dust- The list goes on!"

The more he shouted, the more you felt your calmness draining "what, you think I don't know the risks!?-"

"NO YOU DON'T KNOW THE RISKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OUR JOB BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"

His finger landed on your chest but you pushed it away.
"I DON'T NEED TO BE LOCKED AWAY LIKE SOME DAMSEL IN DISTRESS BECAUSE YOU FEEL IT'S APPROPRIATE! I'M OLD ENOUGH AND STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF"

You could feel everyone's eyes on you as the arguing continued.
"You think it's about age and strength?! That alone proves you're not ready"

Your anger was building up "WHAT, SO YOU GET TO DETERMINE WHEN I'M READY TO JOIN YOUR LITTLE PLAY DATES DO YOU?!"

"YES BECAUSE I AM THE ADULT HERE AND YOU ARE A PATHETIC, CLUELESS GIRL WHO WILL ONLY GET HERSELF KILLED"

That was it, you lost all control "WELL I HOPE I DO! MAYBE THEN I CAN FINALLY GET SOME PEACE FROM YOU!"
Within seconds the table that was beside you slid between both you and Tony like it had a mind of it's own, stopping the argument in it's tracks.

You turned to Wanda "why did you do that?" Wanda looked from you to the table in confusion "that wasn't me." The room went completely silent and all eyes fell upon you.

What just happened? There was no way that table moved on it's own without Wanda doing anything, she must've been lying.

"Room. Now." Tony's voice broke the silence as you lifted your head to stare at him. "Excuse me? I'm not a child anymore, you don't get to just-" once again Tony cut you off "it wasn't a question." His voice had turned deep and his eyes held back what looked to be a mix of fear and astonishment.

Somehow, with all the shouting and tension that had just occured, Tony speaking the way he just did was the scariest thing to you. Without a word, you walked to your room feeling like you were on the walk of shame.

You were 22 for Christ sake! Why were you being treated like a 10 year old for nothing?!

-------------

A couple hours past and you still couldn't shake the table incident; what actually happened? Tony had calmed down by now and the Avengers were all doing their seperate things.

"Hey Wanda" you called to Wanda as you walked past her in the kitchen "yeah?"

"Can I have a word?"

"Of course, I'm baking cookies at the moment if you want to help?" You walked over to her, picking up a cookie cutter.

"Why did you say it wasn't you that moved the table?" Wanda stopped and looked at you "because it wasn't" she continued cutting the dough without saying a word.

"But it had to of been, how else could it have moved?" Silence. "Wanda?"

"Listen y/n, I don't know what to tell you, it wasn't me that done it and I have no idea what else could've happened, now can we please change the subject"

This was not like Wanda, she never disregarded your questions like that and she never used that tone with you, she was acting weird.

Before you could ask anything else, Steve walked into the room "I'm calling a meeting, be there in 3 minutes" you and Wanda exchanged looks and placed everything down.

Although you weren't allowed to join the missions, you still attending meetings and everything non dangerous.

You and Wanda walked into the meeting room where Nat, Clint and Bruce were already waiting. Next in were Vision and Thor lastly followed by Tony "what's so important that you had to interrupt scotch and contemplating time?"

"Well I'm glad you asked" Steve finally walked in as Tony took his seat at the end of the table.

"I'd like to introduce our newest-ish member of the team" You all looked at the door to where a tall, well built man with a metal arm walked in.

"Bucky Barnes".