The Present

Truth is like surgery.

It hurts but cures.

A lie is like a pain killer.

It gives instant relief but has side effects forever.

That's why the redhead doesn't want to wound the lady furthermore.

There is no life without pain.

The only thing he could do for her was to minimize the pain by telling the truth instead of the sweet lie that will scar her for a long time.

<Jung Yeon Hwa was supposed to die at that time.>

"Jung Yeon Hwa, you were supposed to die."

'Was being straightforward the right answer?'

Cale Henituse, no, Kim Rok Soo is not the type to coat his words or talk softly.

Also, he just fulfilled his working partner's wish to tell her everything.

She has the right to know everything after all.

The young master hasn't opened his eyes until he heard a weak voice on his right.

"...I see."

The reddish-brown eyes revealed themselves looking at the owner of that weak voice.

The redhead saw an expression he hadn't expected came from someone who realized she was supposed to meet her end.

The silver eyes that remind him of the moonlight meet his russet eyes.

She had calm eyes like she expected that kind of news from the beginning.

Cale had a confused face.

Jung Yeon Hwa who is Raisa tilted her head looking at that expression.

"What's the matter?"

"..."

"What? Should I cry?"

Raisa just smiled mischievously like there's nothing wrong happened.

It's like they are talking about the weather instead of about life and death.

" 'were' in your words just now indicate it was something in the past. Then, let bygones be bygones."

The lady looked at the children who behaved obediently with a worried face.

She smiled reassuringly to the averaging 10 years old children and patted the round head of the young dragon who sat on the table quietly unlike his energetic self-introduction.

"I am currently breathing. That's all matters."

Jung Yeon Hwa, the Team Leader of the best Healer Team in Disaster Prevention and Civilization Protection Company.

Even though she doesn't have healing ability, she learned a lot about medical stuff and the human body from her former Team Leader.

She knows her condition 'at that time' the best.

That's why she's not surprised by that news from Cale.

"However, you said it's not God of Death responsible for my transmigration?"

"...that's right. It's another damn god. I don't know which god but She is an Ancient God."

"Hmm."

She hummed as understanding while caressing Raon's chubby cheeks affectionately.

Raisa looked at the mythical creature she only heard from her neighbors that the fact the Lord of Territory's eldest son was under the great and mighty beings.