Dinner

Perception is not reality.

However, perception can become a person's reality because it has a potent influence on how we look at reality.

Sometimes, we need to realize at some point that we're not seeing reality.

What we are seeing is a story that's being created for us.

Most of the time, the story our brains generate matches the real, physical world — but not always.

Our brains also unconsciously bend our perception of reality to meet our desires or expectations.

That's what happens to Bud who has eyes like saucers.

'Intertwined hands' was exaggerated images created by his mind.

What really happened is Cale grabbed Raisa's hand just to lead her to the dining room and make sure she was not turning back to the lab.

Raisa who saw his stubborn expression just gave up resisting and let her be dragged by this young master.

Bud was invited by Archmage Rosalyn to gather for drinks once in a while, so he took his close friend, Glenn to go together.

As he arrived in Black Castle, he met his heavy drinker friend that Raon introduced to him in the past, Cage.

Meeting fellow alcoholics, they need to greet each other in the alcoholics' way.

And, that is drinking the best alcohol they got!

While they were having their third mug of beer, Bud realized the young man who dared to use him, the Mercenary King as the servant hasn't been seen since his arrival.

But the moment the redhead appeared in the dining room, he was 'escorting' an ash-brown-haired lady with silver eyes.

Even without the noble title, Cale Henituse, the Eldest Young Master of Henituse Duchy was sought by many young ladies of nobility and princesses of other kingdoms as he is someone with great influence in Western and Eastern Continents.

His name alone brought fear and endless admiration for everyone.

Nevertheless, the redhead is like an immortal who wasn't interested in any woman for 'romance' even less marriage.

All ladies in his group are just his friends to him.

His past as a trashy young master was also clean with no connection to any lady until now.

Well, the Mercenary King's information might be flawed as 'Cale Henituse' existence is classified as unpredictable and impossible to be recorded.

One of the reasons was because his past trashy behaviors were accepted as an 'act' to protect his step-sibling who has no blood relation with him, Basen Henituse.

However, one thing Bud was sure and that is he's a harmless person if you are not his enemy.

Without accurate information about this young master, Bud doesn't recognize the young lady who was her hand held by Cale.

'I don't know her identity. The Mercenaries Guild's Directory might vanish 2 years ago to prevent White Star from getting information regarding ancient power, still, I can't call myself Mercenary King Bud Illis if I don't know the nobles from this Empire who was the center of power players ever since 3 years ago. That concludes this young lady is not from nobility.'

He stared at the young lady with keen eyes as thinking about her identity.

Raisa was blind if she didn't notice those observant eyes which were a big contrast to the blue-haired man's drunk appearance.