The Night

As the late evening descended upon the tranquil landscape, painting the sky in shades of pink reminiscent of cotton candy, laughter echoed through the air.

Two kittens, one silver and one dark red, along with a young dragon, frolicked in the grass, their laughter echoing in the evening air.

Hong and On, the two kittens, rolled around playfully, their tiny paws batting at each other in mock combat.

Then, the trio played tag in the vast green garden.

Raon, the young dragon, flapped his wings excitedly, sending gusts of wind swirling around him as he chased after his older siblings.

Standing watch over the children was Choi Han, the silent guardian knight, his sharp eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger.

With a silent nod of approval, he allowed himself a small smile, his heart warmed by the sight of their innocent joy.

Under the shade of a towering tree, a red-haired young master and an ash-brown-haired lady sat side by side, their figures silhouetted against the fading light.

Cale's russet eyes sparkled with warmth as he observed the carefree scene before him, a rare smile gracing his lips as he took in the sight of the joyful children.

Beside him, Raisa's silver eyes shimmered with unspoken emotion, her heart swelling with a sense of peace and belonging.

Together, they sat in companionable silence, their gaze fixed on the scene before them, savoring the precious moments of tranquility and happiness that the evening had bestowed upon them.

The gentle evening breeze whispered through the leaves of the surrounding trees as Cale broke the peaceful silence with his announcement.

"I received news from Adite, the Elf Priestess."

He began, his voice carrying a note of solemnity.

"She noticed signs that the World Tree would awaken soon. She said it might be around the middle of the Summer season."

"That's really soon."

Raisa, her attention fully captured by his words, turned to face him, her eyes wide with surprise.

Cale continued, his gaze fixed on the horizon as he spoke, his tone decisive.

"You will go with me. I will tell you the exact date soon. I think you need to prepare to close the bakery for at least 2 weeks."

"Two weeks? Why would it take so long? Do we need to prepare something before talking to the World Tree?"

Raisa's surprise was evident as she processed his words.

She questioned the man, her brow furrowing in confusion.

Cale chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he regarded her.

"Well, you told me you've never left the Henituse Territory before. Not even once, right?"

"That's true...What about it?"

Cale shifted his gaze to the sky, the pink hues of twilight casting a serene glow over his features as he continued speaking.

"Isn't it nice to take a look at the outside world for a few days?"

Raisa was momentarily taken aback by the unexpected suggestion coming from the self-proclaimed slacker, Cale Henituse.

She hadn't anticipated such a proposal from him, especially considering his usual laid-back demeanor.

Before she could comment, Cale spoke again.

"The children have been urging to travel these days."

He added casually, though anyone who knew him well would recognize it as a thinly veiled excuse.