Losing Her

The scent of the forest.

The feeling of the leaves rustling and crunching under the feet.

The breeze brushed past the young lady's cheek, and the scent of the forest mixed with the wind.

A hint of moonlight and a sprinkle of stars could be seen in the skies through tree breaks.

Using the barely visible moonlight, Raisa glanced at the man who held her hand in one hand while in the other hand, he was holding the top's whip.

The man with red hair was shining in the darkness of the night.

Yes, he literally glowing.

Raisa looked at the rose gold light surrounding Cale.

Thanks to his ancient power, Fire of Destruction, they could see where they need to go safely.

Unlike its name, for Raisa, it was a beautiful and warm power.

She's also 'observed' the familiar aura that she sensed this morning wrapped around the redhead young master.

However, this time, it's not intense as happened this morning.

The Dominating Aura.

This strong aura was giving off an odd sense of warmth and courage instead of fear.

It was the same feeling she felt after her body react to the dragons' presence.

The feeling of being protected.

Then, they heard a plethora of noises pouring out toward them as soon as they were getting far away from the Black Castle.

"Screeeech-"
"Kraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!"
"Raaaawr!"

They could hear the cries of monsters coming from around them.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

The ground started to shake.

Monsters both large and small started to run away in the other directions.

 Cale's Dominating Aura is the only reason for it.

She remembered the Ancient Dragon, Eruhaben-nim had said to her before that this power was equivalent to an adult Dragon Fear and might be stronger now.

She's also learned that the ancient powers were strongly connected to the owner's emotions.

'Emotions...Dominating Aura and Blood-Drenched Rock, both ancient powers were on a rampage at the same time.'

She looked ahead as her lips curled up and her eyes were getting colder.

Cale noticed that the lady next to him had been wordless since they left the castle.

He peeked at the side view of her face and found she was not in the right mood.

"You have been silent since the beginning. What's up? Afraid?"

"Why would I? As you said, I have you. Plus, 'they' are weaker than Grade 3 monsters."

"Well, that's true."

'They' that Raisa indicates are the monsters roaming in the Forest of Darkness, one of the Four Forbidden Regions in the Western Continent. 

For both Team Leaders which are grade-one ability users, those monsters are pretty much easy to be subdued who are nothing compared to the Grade 3 monsters that they faced in the previous world.

At that moment, the redhead could hear the voice of a Wind Elemental as he gripped the top's whip.

It was the familiar Wind Elemental group which was the one among the three that always followed him that shouted, 'destruction, chaos, despair!' all the time.