Timber

Timber Hudson couldn't stop pacing. While Chevelle disappeared back into the office, he was more or less trapped in the living room. He couldn't go back to the bedroom, there were children sleeping in the bed.

The television didn't appeal to him. It wouldn't calm his thoughts in the slightest, not after the news he'd just gotten from Chevelle.

His mother had always taught him to release his emotions. Letting any kind of feeling sit inside of him for too long would hinder his ability to think clearly, and Timber needed to think. So many things were going on inside of his heart, there was no way for him to pin down one feeling and let it flow.

In the living room, in the small drawer in the end table right next to his favorite chair, was a small moleskin journal. He always kept one on his person when he was on Earth. It fit perfectly in his pants pocket. Inside was a treasure trove of memories and observations. Most of them were brief. Ever since coming aboard the Achlivan ship, he'd had a whole lot more to share.

Settling into his chair, he pulled out the small journal, its pages full of his tale. In fact, he'd filled three journals worth so far. Procuring multiple books hadn't been as hard as he originally thought it would be.

Re-reading his words on paper would help his mind become solid once again.