Chevelle - END

Enough, Chevelle thought, closing the journal for the time being. There was only so much emotional torture she could put herself through for one day. So much more of the story was left to tell, but she was tired. Growing a baby inside of her was a lot of work. The more she thought about everything, the worse she would feel. Crying was also exhausting.

She placed the journal under the mattress, and dried her eyes with her shirt sleeve. If she went out there looking like a raccoon because she'd been bawling again, Timber would get all weird on her. If he went into hyper-perfect mode, she wouldn't be held responsible for whatever happened to him.

Taking a cleansing breath, she stepped out into the living room. Without having to say a word, Timber came over and gave her a hug. How did he always know when she was sad? Was she that transparent? At least the smell of his cologne didn't make her nauseous like the last time they'd embraced.

"It's going to be okay," he said. "No matter what happens, I'm not going to leave you. I'm staying."

"What about Talia? Your family? What if they don't want to come along?" She shook her head. There was no way she was worth such a sacrifice.

Timber gave her a weak smile. "They'll come, and they are going to love you. My mom always wanted a daughter. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but everything will be okay. Our families are going to join us, Paul and Patriarch are going to get Wicken back, we'll all get through this."

"Always Mr. Optimistic," she grumbled. I'm going to cry, again. Ugh. She gripped his shirt, hiding her face against his chest.

Three months was all it took for both of their lives to change completely. Chevelle knew they'd figure out whatever the future had in store for them. Together, nothing seemed impossible.

Sleep, sweet Wicken, wherever you are. We'll hold each other soon.