Chapter 3

L tried to go to bed without checking messages from C after she sent the video of herself singing and playing. But she lacked self-control. She sighed, picking her phone up as she lay in bed. He wanted her to guess his name. She thought for a few minutes before responding.

L: Sadly it is not Leia. I kind of wish it was though
You might be on a better track with a pop culture reference though 😉
So you want me to start guessing now?
I'm going to go with Charles first

***

L laughed when she saw messages first thing in the morning when she woke up, meaning C had gotten up early.

C: Pop culture? What the fuck does that mean?!
Ugh. Excuse my language
Not Charles. Does that mean I can ask you something personal?
God, I'm going to guess . . . Layla?
I may be MIA today. Work stuff 

L sat at the kitchen counter drinking coffee since it was Saturday. It wasn't Charles. She had more ideas though.

L: A little fuck doesn't bother me

She groaned at her choice of words after hitting the send button. She grumbled under her breath, her face a bright shade of crimson as she continued.

L: That didn't come out how I meant it
Sure. Ask me whatever you want. I think it's only fair after all your bad guesses
Speaking of guessing. My next guess is Connor
And don't worry about going MIA. I understand
Well sort of. I still don't know what you do
Not in the mafia are you? 

***

Just as L finished the dishes after dinner later, she heard her phone dinging from the living room. She dried her hands, grabbing the phone as she plopped onto the couch. 

C: Man. Wrong again?
Can we chat? I want to hear your voice.

Chat? L stood up and began to pace in front of her couch, feeling a wave of nausea hit her. She groaned, mumbling to herself, "what am I? A fucking teenager?" She sighed, sitting back down to message him as she tried to calm her racing heart. 

L: Sure we can. When? 

She didn't get a response, receiving a call from him instead a few minutes later. She chuckled to herself, standing up to pace again as she answered.

"Mr. C. Hi."

He chuckled, 'hi. Sorry. Thought this may be easier. And I'm about to disappear on you for about a week. So I wanted to hear your voice.'

She laughed, the husky tone of his voice, calming her slightly. "See. Mafia, right?" She teased as she heard him laugh. 

'Well if I told you, I'd have to kill you. So do you really want to know L? Lindsey? Lexi?'

"In that case, I don't want to know, no. Also not Lindsey or Lexi. Sorry." She grinned as she heard him groan on the other side of the phone. She giggled softly, bringing her hand up to nervously pull on her lower lip. 

'Are you sure your name starts with an L? Also, not Connor by the way. And I'm disappearing because I'm going on vacation with my family.'

"Vacation? Where? And would I lie to you?" She started to feel even more at ease as she finally took a seat back on the couch, propping her feet up on the coffee table.

He hesitated, 'another embarrassing hobby. Disney Land. I'm sort of obsessed with Disney. Pretty sure I own every Disney movie from when we were kids. Also, I have no idea if you would lie to me.'