Chapter 9

The next morning, Lennon looked up from her desk as Tiffany, one of her students, greeted her with a chipper, "Morning Ms. Ellis!"

"Morning, Tiff," Lennon replied with a warm smile. Once all the students had settled at their desks, she stood up. "Alright, everyone, do you have your portraits?" She scanned the classroom, noticing Tiffany's drawing of Chris with Dodger. "Impressive work, Tiffany. Where did you find a picture of him and his dog?"

Tiffany shrugged, a mischievous grin on her face. "Just about everywhere when you search him online. He's so good-looking."

Lennon chuckled, shaking her head. "Keep in mind, he's old enough to be your father."

Tiffany's shrug was nonchalant once more. "Doesn't matter. He's not married, so there's still hope."

Lennon laughed, finding Tiffany's teenage determination amusing. "Alright, you go with that, then." With a smile, she walked back to her desk.

As the school day came to an end, Lennon collected the few portraits her students had drawn of Chris and Captain America. She took photos of them and decided to send the images to Chris.

Lennon: I have a few students with crushes on you -

Lennon heard her phone dinging with responses as she got up to go home at the end of the day.

Chris: I only care if you do
Side note those are so great
I can always stop by early on Friday and make you the coolest teacher ever
I can sign their photos if they want

Lennon: You would do that? 

Chris: For you? Of course
And you didn't respond to whether you had a crush or not 

Lennon laughed to herself, shaking her head.

Lennon: Of course I have a crush...
On Dodger

Chris: Ouch. That hurts
I guess Friday is cancelled 😔

Lennon stood leaning on the wall next to the door of her classroom, laughing loudly

Lennon: Did you seriously just send me a gif of yourself? 

She laughed again before putting her phone away until she got home. Once she returned home, she plopped onto the couch, pulling out her phone once more.

Chris: Well you hurt my feelings Lenny 😔

Lennon: Don't cry about it.
Actors are so dramatic

Chris: That's definitely not true
I don't know what you're talking about 

Lennon: And you can tell Dodger he comes second to you 😉

Chris: Phew. I knew it 😉

 I knew it 😉