Chapter 15

She woke up with a groan a few days into their trial run of living together at Chris's house. Rushing to the bathroom, she knew she had woken Chris up, and sure enough, he followed her. She opened the bathroom door, met with his concerned expression.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

She hesitated, clutching her stomach, and groaned in discomfort. "I didn't plan properly with everything going on."

Chris shook his head, his concern turning into understanding. "Okay, explain."

"In the excitement of coming to stay with you, I forgot to bring supplies, and now I've started my period." She felt embarrassed and insecure, looking down.

He laughed gently. "I have sisters, and I've been in relationships before. It's okay, Lenny. Use whatever you need from under the sink. If you want, we can go get more."

She looked under the sink and found a variety of feminine products. Clutching her abdomen, she grimaced, glancing up to see Chris's worried look. "It's fine. Just feels like someone is twisting my insides while simultaneously stabbing me in the ovaries."

Chris chuckled. "Got quite the description there. Why don't you take a shower, and then we can head to the store?"

He left the bathroom before she could respond, and she quickly undressed and got into the shower. Just as she was finishing up, Chris entered the shower, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I made breakfast for you, but first..." He began kissing her neck, pulling her closer with his hands on her hips.

She moaned, but tried to protest. "Chris..."

He hushed her. "Relax, it's okay. We're in the shower."

Before she could say anything else, she felt him enter her from behind, causing her to gasp. "Oh, fuck."

"Sorry, I forgot about the heightened sensitivity." He held her tightly against him, using one hand to stimulate her clit gently. "Orgasms can help with cramps."

She chuckled weakly, feeling his other hand on her breasts, sending waves of pleasure through her body. Panting, she urged him on. "Don't stop..."

His thrusts became harder, and she whimpered in pleasure as she felt her climax building. She felt his lips on her neck and shoulder, and heard him grunting as they climaxed together. Afterward, she sat down on the shower seat, watching him finish up his shower.

"Most guys wouldn't even talk about periods, let alone have sex during them."

Chris laughed as he turned to kneel on the shower floor in front of her. "Well, I'm not most guys. And besides, we're in the shower. I want you to be comfortable with me. I want this to be your space too."

She nodded, resting her head against his. "I love you, you know." She felt her heart pounding as she waited for his response.

Chris brushed his fingers through her wet hair, his expression softening. "I love you too, Lennon." The smile that spread across his face made her heart swell with happiness.

***

Chris leaned down, planting a kiss on her cheek. "I'll be right back. Gonna grab something."

She nodded, pushing the shopping cart along the aisle as they went through the store.

"Lennon Ellis!"

Hearing that voice made her stomach drop, and she recognized it without even needing to look. She decided to pretend not to hear and continued moving until she felt a strong grip on her wrist.

"Lennon!"

With a sigh, she turned to face him, pulling her arm away from his grasp. He looked mostly the same, his blond hair a little shaggy, his blue eyes tired. A smirk played on his lips as he looked at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Eric?"

He nodded. "Right. How have you been, Lenny?"

She grimaced internally at the nickname, stepping back as he attempted to hug her. "I'm fine." She resisted the urge to cringe as he blatantly scanned her up and down, making her feel uncomfortable and exposed.

He sighed and nodded again. "Are you back living here?"

She nodded, grateful for the approach of Chris, who threw something into the cart. "Yes, I am."

Seeing her discomfort, Chris positioned himself partly in front of her and extended his hand to Eric. "I'm Chris."

Eric raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I see." He ignored Chris's hand and took a step back. "I'm Eric. Lenny and I are old friends."

Chris's jaw clenched in annoyance. "She doesn't like being called Lenny." He felt her grab his hand, and he nodded. "Well, it was nice meeting you, but we have plans, so we should really get going." He subtly urged Lennon to walk ahead, following her. He glanced back to see Eric still watching them. Once they were out of sight, he turned to Lennon. "Who was that, Lenny?"

She groaned softly. "He's an old boyfriend from high school. I was 16, and he was 21. It wasn't a great experience."

Chris nodded, sensing her discomfort. "Okay, I understand. Can you tell me more about it?"

She looked up at him, her expression hesitant. "I don't want to talk about it right now. Please, Chris."

He sighed but stopped her from walking by gripping her arm gently. "Of course, Lennon. But remember, you can always talk to me about anything. I love you, and I'm here for you."

She nodded, placing her hand on his cheek. "I know. I love you too. Just not right now, okay?"

Chris ran his fingers through her hair affectionately. "Okay. Let's go home, love."

***

After settling Lennon in bed with a heating pad for a nap, Chris headed downstairs to unpack the rest of the groceries they had bought. With a sigh, he decided to call Liam for more information.

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother you. Do you have a minute?"

"Sure. Is Len okay?"

"I think so. We were at the store today, and we bumped into someone named Eric. Can you tell me anything about him?" There was a pause on the other end of the line. "Liam?"

He groaned. "He's an ex-boyfriend of hers. What did she say about him?"

"She only mentioned he was an ex. Should I be concerned?"

"Um, he's not a good guy. I'd advise you to keep her away from him. It took a long time to help her recover from the damage he caused. But you should really talk to Lennon about this. I'm sorry, Chris."

Chris sighed, his worries deepening. "That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for letting me know, Liam." After ending the call, he went back upstairs to their bedroom, slipping in behind Lennon and wrapping his arms around her protectively.