Chapter 16

"So?"

Lennon playfully raised an eyebrow at Chris over her coffee cup, pretending not to know exactly what he meant. "So what?"

Leaning against the counter, Chris chuckled, "come on, Lenny. You've been staying here for a month. I think we've been getting along pretty well."

Lennon nodded with a smirk, "More than well."

"So?"

Lennon giggled, turning on her stool as he approached her, "So?"

He groaned in playful exasperation, "you're really making me work for this." Positioning himself between her legs, he rested his head on hers, "where do we stand on the whole moving in together thing?"

Lennon sighed, "I don't know, Chris. It has been an amazing month, no doubt. But moving in together is a big step. We've only known each other for about 6 months. Let's give it a little more time, okay?"

He nodded, sighing dramatically, "Fine, fine."

Lennon laughed, "don't pout, Chris." She kissed his cheek and trailed kisses down his neck, her hands resting on his waist. Removing his shirt and then her own, she stood up and continued to kiss her way down his chest, teasingly dragging her lips over his skin. As she knelt down in front of him, she looked up to see his longing gaze.

"Len..."

She smiled mischievously. "Stop pouting."

Chris chuckled. "If I stop pouting, you might stop. And I definitely don't want that."

Lennon nodded, pulling his underwear down to free his eager erection. "So, what would you like me to do?" She asked, looking up at him.

He let out a needy whimper, his grip on her head tightening as she started using her tongue on him. "Len..."

Giggling softly, she continued to tease, "Is this what you want?"

"Len..."

She twirled her tongue around the tip, enjoying the way he squirmed under her touch. Then, she took him into her mouth, her hand stroking the base of his shaft. The sensation was almost too much for him to handle as he pulled her to her feet and faced away from him. He bent her over the counter, a rush of heat between them.

With urgency, he pulled her panties down and then helped her step out of them. His touch was electric against her skin as he teased her from behind. "Now it's your turn to ask for what you want, Lennon."

She groaned, feeling his lips on her neck, her voice coming out in a needy whisper, "Please, Chris."

He pressed his lips against her neck and murmured, "Please what, love?"

Lennon whimpered, her desire growing, "Please, Chris, fuck me."

Grasping her hips, he entered her with a powerful thrust, eliciting a gasp from both of them. "Chris..." she moaned, moving her hips in rhythm with his, feeling him deep within her.

As their passion escalated, Chris's hands wandered, squeezing and teasing her sensitive spots. She could feel the intensity building, and she knew she wouldn't last much longer. With each of his thrusts, their connection deepened, and they both reached the peak of pleasure together.

Breathless and spent, they turned to face each other, sharing a smile as they retrieved their underwear and got dressed. "Okay," Lennon said, looking into his eyes, "you've convinced me."

Chris raised an eyebrow, pretending to ponder her words. "Convinced you of what?"

Lennon shrugged, playfully teasing, before wrapping her arms around his neck. "Okay, fine. The past month has been incredible. So, go ahead and ask me again."

Chris grinned, his eyes sparkling. "Will you please move in with me, Lennon?"

"Hmmm," she pretended to contemplate his offer, making him chuckle. "Alright, since you insist."

"You're a handful, you know that? But I love you, Lennon Ellis."

Lennon nodded, a wide smile on her face. "And I love you too, Chris."

***

Lennon sat at her desk, waiting for her last round of parents during open house when she heard her name being called. A familiar unease settled in her stomach, the memories of the past flooding back as she looked up to see him standing there – Eric, with his son by his side.

"Ms. Lennon Ellis. Hello."

She stood up, grateful that a few more parents and their children were coming in, giving her an excuse to divert her attention. She focused her gaze on the boy standing before Eric. "Mr. Jones, who is this?"

Eric's smirk didn't go unnoticed as he replied, "My son, Brad."

"Nice to meet you, Brad."

Eric took a step forward as Brad joined some of the other kids, leaving them with a bit of space. "Looks like I'll be seeing a lot of you. We should maintain a good parent-teacher relationship."

He reached out to touch her hair, but she instinctively stepped back, much to his evident disappointment.

Sighing, he nodded. "Can I take you out for dinner sometime? Just to catch up?"

Lennon's eyes briefly flickered towards the hallway where she saw Chris standing. He was supposed to pick her up once she was done with the open house. "Well, that's a nice offer, Eric, but I'm actually seeing someone."

He rolled his eyes dismissively. "Oh, please. Captain America, right? Like I'm supposed to believe that you could actually land him?"

Her expression hardened as she retorted, "As if that's any of your business." Turning her attention back to the parents and students, she wrapped up the open house and dismissed everyone. Chris entered the room just in time.

Chris walked over to her, his voice soft, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, her tone defensive, "I'm fine, Chris. I don't need a knight in shining armor."

He sighed, his concern evident, "That's why I waited until you were done. But I didn't like him being here, Lennon."

Rolling her eyes, she saw Eric wink at her as he and his son left. She collected her belongings from her desk, her tone exasperated, "Chris, you don't know anything about it. I'm fine."

Chris's frustration was palpable, "I don't know anything because you haven't told me anything, Lennon!"

With a groan, she snapped, "Because it's not important! Please, just drop it!"

He caught her hand as she tried to walk away, his grip gentle but firm, "If he's going to be around, then maybe it is important."

She let out another exasperated sigh, her patience wearing thin, "Fine, but not now. Can we please talk about it later?"

Chris sighed, his concern not waning, "Okay, but soon."

"Fine."