c & c - america's sweetheart

a/n: hi guys!! long time no see, but i'm so proud of this chapter, so i hope you enjoy it. while i hate that their privacy was invaded, the leaked photos inspired this one-shot. when i saw (what i believed to be) subtle surprise on Charli's face, i felt like i had to try and write something like this, so here it is. have not included the photos and i hope this doesn't overstep boundaries of privacy.

sofia <3 🦋

///

All she wanted to do was drag him aside and hug him and say happy birthday and tell him how proud of him she was. Tell him that he'd come so far and that he was such an amazing person and to never forget that. But he'd been busy. All night.

She hadn't told anyone about how much she missed his comfort, but it was pretty clear as Avani watched her watch him from across the room that she missed him. When he moved, her eyes moved with him, magnetised.

Avani cleared her throat and Charli's eyes snapped away from him, landing on her best friend. She gave her a questioning look and Charli blushed, dipping her head so her hair fell in front of her face. "I can't do this Vani."

"What? Watch your boyfriend talk to everyone else in this entire room except you?"

"He's not my boyfriend," she whispered. She had tried to sound normal but Avani sensed the disappointment in her voice.

"So even after a song about you and a music video to go with it, you still haven't talked about the elephant in the room?"

"There's no elephant, Avani," Charli said, dropping her head into her hands.

Madi snorted from beside his Avani. "Really? Because me and Vani just watched you stare at him as if you wanted to throw yourself at him."

She lifted her head, glaring at her before rolling her eyes. She promptly changed the subject.

~

Across the room, Chase stood with Baron and Ryland. Baron and Ryland were laughing hysterically at something, Ryland drunk off his head already. Chase wasn't listening. His eyes scanned the room, looking for her. He missed her already and they'd only been at the party for a few hours.

He saw her in the corner, sitting at the same table as Madi and Avani. His lips curled into a smile as he watched her exasperatedly throwing her arms around as Madi and Avani sat there trying not to laugh. Avani flicked her eyes up at him and raised her eyebrows. Chase quickly spun back around only to be met with the same raised eyebrows from Baron. Ryland continued to blabber incoherently as Baron pushed Chase in the direction of Charli. "Go and get her you idiot," he said.

"Where do we go?" Chase asked, fiddling with his rings.

Baron snorted, "I don't fuckin' know. Take her for photos in the booth, somewhere private. And for the love of god please kiss her if she lets you. I can't sit through her coming round to ours and both of you wanting to shove your tongues down each other's throats but neither of you making an actual fucking move anymore."

Chase went red, flipping him off before stalking away towards the girls' table.

Avani watched him walk slowly towards them, staring at Charli in front of them. His eyes drew up her body and he smiled, reaching her chair. She hadn't known he was there until he put his hands over her eyes. Instinctively, her hands went to try to pull the clamped hands away from her eyes. She was unsuccessful, and it wasn't until he dropped down to whisper in her ear that she knew it was him.

"Come have photos with me in the booth," he said, uncovering her eyes. She smiled, standing up from her seat.

Avani laughed, "Yeah, please. Take her away from us, she won't stop talking about Teletubbies."