d & g - you okay? 🦋

a/n: TRIGGER WARNING. 

this is not a sex chapter, but it has some rather mature themes such as self harm. these are not based on any real events, but i felt compelled to write a oneshot like this.

...

He met me at the beach at sunset. It was the first time I'd seen him in over two months and as he got out of the car, I took a running leap at him, his arms snaking my waist and mine around his neck. I had missed him far too much. His hands moved to run through my hair, and he kissed my collarbone. We remained together like that for what felt like an eternity, until he pulled away, placing me back on the ground. His fingers intertwined with mine as he lead me across the sand dune. We reached the top and he sat down, signalling for me to sit in his lap, to which I happily obliged. His hands ran sneakily up the back of my hoodie and I shivered as his warm fingertips connected with the skin on my back. He traced soft lines up and down my spine. 

"You okay?" he whispered.

I nodded slightly. I wasn't really, but he didn't need to know that, "Yeah, I'm fine."

He raised his eyebrows at me. He wasn't buying it. "Dix... you know you can speak to me, right? Always. Without judgement."

I looked down at my hands now fiddling with the drawstrings of my hoodie. I nodded again. With the hand not supporting our weight, he reached up and took hold of my chin, lifting my head to look into my eyes. He leant forward to place a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away again. He grabbed my hands, and I flinched. He was close to the danger zone. I stared at him again, tears forming in my eyes as he came to the realisation. "Dix..... you didn't." He sounded disappointed.

"I...I don't know. I'm sorry okay, I just had to do it to feel something. I was tired of feeling nothing. I knew it. I knew you'd hate me for it but-"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey," he said, pulling my body closer to his. "I don't hate you. I could never hate you." He gently stroked my hair. "I just wish you had've told me."

"I'm-"

"Please don't apologise. You don't need to," he said, pausing for a moment before continuing. "Can I have a look at them? I might be able to help..."

I closed my eyes. Nodding slowly, I gently pulled up the arms of my hoodie to show him the bandaids recklessly placed over deep cuts freshly opened in the early morning previous to meeting up with Griffin.

He sucked in a breath, "Bandaids? Not even bandages?"

"I couldn't find any," I said, looking back out over the water. A tear slid down my face and he wiped it away.

"Are your wrists the only ones?" I shook my head. I opened my mouth to speak but I choked back tears. His hand on my lower back began to rub up and down again and I tried to regain my breath. "It's okay, take your time, we have all night."

I was quiet for a few minutes. "My thighs," I muttered, pressing a firm hand to where the cuts were. I winced in pain and Griffin took my hand in his. "And..." I paused the next was the most embarrassing.

Griffin squeezed my hand three times. I couldn't speak anymore. Silently, I lifted my hoodie to show him the cuts on my diaphram and underneath my breasts. I dropped the hoodie down again and Griffin wrapped both of his arms around me, leaning back onto the sand.