a & d - you & i

here's a 5000 word dixison one shot because i couldn't bring myself to stop. there's a smut that follows this chapter that i'm editing rn because i couldn't help myself.

///

Dixie was lying in bed when Charli knocked on the door. "Dixie," she knocked again, "Dixie," and again, "Dixie."

"WHAT CHARLI?"

"I'm coming in," she said, pushing herself into the messy room.

"What do you want?"

"What's up with you and Noah?"

"We're just friends, why?"

"You weren't thinking of dating him, were you?"

"Maybe, maybe not..."

"We have to cut him off. No more friendship. He's not a good look."

"Charli, what do you mean?"

"I tried to ignore it and I was stupid to try to ignore it but he's homophobic Dix. Homophobic."

Dixie sighed, looking at the time. The clock blinked a soft 11:30pm. "Okay, fine, I'll tell him," she said, flinging her legs over the side of her bed.

"Thank you, Dix."

"It's fine. Now get out of my room."

She drove to the beach after texting Noah to meet her in the carpark, smiling wistfully as she saw his car pull up next to hers. They got out and he grabbed her hand. She led him over to the ledge looking out over the rest of the water.

"What's up?" he asked.

"We can't do this..." she said, taking her hand out of his.

"What do you mean we can't do this? We were fine 2 hours ago..."

"I know, but it just won't work, okay."

"Give me a valid reason and I'll walk away."

"Charli."

"What has Charli got to with us?"

"Us?"

"Yes, us."

Dixie sighed, squeezing her eyes shut. "You're homophobic and we shouldn't be hanging with people like that."

"I'm not homophobic, what on earth are you talking about?"

"It's been all over tiktokroom all day, Noah, don't pretend like you haven't seen it..." He was silent. "I thought so."

"What? I-"

"Don't even try to ignore it or deny it now."

Noah's face turned hard, his eyes clouding over dangerously. "Fine. Yeah, they can go fuck themselves. What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm cutting you out of my life, Noah, that's the entire reason I brought you out here to tell you." Dixie turned, starting to walk away.

"What's your problem? All of a sudden you realize I don't like people who like the same gender and that's enough of a reason to say I don't like you?"

Dixie paused, clenching her jaw and bringing her hands into fists. She walked quickly back over to him, breathing heavily. She pressed a finger forcibly to his chest, "And if you so horribly detest homosexuals and everyone in the lgbtq+ community, then you'd have no. Fucking. Problem. With. Me. Walking. Away," she hissed, stabbing him in the chest with her acrylics after each word. Her eyes were teary.

"What the fuck? Why?"

"Why the fuck do you think, Noah?"

He stopped for a moment before realization flashed across his face. "What, you're a d*ke now or something?"