Chapter 48: Death Strikes.

"Sparkle, wake up."

My eyes shot open at the sound of Dianites voice.

What? I asked in my mind.

I didn't want to wake up Tom, so I just spoke in my mind.

"Go to the town, now."

Why? What's wrong? Did something happen to Andor?

No answer.

I looked at Tom, who was sleeping soundly on his side of the bed.
Should I tell him where I'm going?

"No." Dianites voice answered.

I sighed and slowly peeled off the covers, trying not to make any movement on the bed.
My feet gently touched the wooden floor and I crept towards the door.

The door opened silently and I was half way through when I heard him. "Sparklez, where are you going?" His tired voice called. I turned and faced him with a guilty expression on my face. He was sitting up from the bed, his eyes staring at me groggily. His tone sounded worried,

"Er, bad dream. I'm gonna go take a walk. I'll be right back, I promise."

I didn't like to lie to him.

"Okay...take a weapon...love you."

"As do I."

He laid back down and pulled the covers up to his neck. His eyes closed, and I slipped back through the door.
~
I flew over to the town, looking at the houses down below me. I looked to my newly built house, or tower. I had decided a tower castle kinda thing would be the cooler approach in making an awesome house. I called it the fortress of fury, and I was proud to have built it. The grey stone and purple and orange windows were the greatest accents to the thing.

Tucker's house was the only one with lights on, I assumed he was awake. I hadn't seen Andor yet.

I finally reached the town and landed softly on the bridge.
This place looked terrible. Everything was falling apart.
Captain Sprinkles bakery was destroyed, the tavern the same. The pathways were overgrown by the weeds and the stone had cracks and holes in them. The walls surrounding the place were barely standing, slowly crumbling.
My old house I had lived in ages ago was destroyed, as were the others. Everything was ruins now.

It was kinda sad.

I kept walking, trying to find Andor. He would be at the castle, which was on the other side of the town.
As I turned the corner that the castle was near, I gasped.

The whole thing had fallen. Fresh dust blew in the air, some of the blocks were still falling. Glass and stone covered the pathway, blocking my way to the rubble. This had just happened.

Andor was in there.

"ANDOR! ANDOR?!" I climbed over the broken stone and sharp glass. He's gotta be in here somewhere.
I turned over stone after stone. Dug through piles and piles of rubble. I screamed his name and pleaded for him to answer me.

I never got an answer.

I turned on my communicator and began to call Tom.
He wouldn't get here in time. Andor would already be dead.

Tucker. He was awake.

I punched in Tucker's number and waited for him to pick up.

After several rings, his voice answered.

"Hey Jordan, what up? Why you calling this late?"

"I don't have time to explain, please get over to the town and bring your Mage armor! Go to the main castle! Please hurry!"